Thread: Multileader problem

Login to Give a bone

Default Multileader problem

we all know that ctrl+2 brings up the design center where you can select a drawing go into say dim styles and then drag and drop dim styles from that drawing into your current drawing.

Well it would appear autodesk have forgotten to include multileader styles in design center

to get a MLstyle into my current drawing i have to open a blank template that has all my dim/text/multileader styles pre loaded, create a multileader, then copy it to clipboard and then paste it into the drawing i need it in

can we get a fix or a workaround for this please?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multileader problem

Why not just define a multileader tool with your reqired settings on a tool palette.

Login to Give a bone

I have created a multileader style and have put it onto a tool palette. It works great.
    Now the problem is when I have a drawing and I use the one from the palette is comes in fine and good I rclick to get shortcut menu and go to Multileader manager and tell it to use current as the standard, it does not work.
    I have to go to the tool palette every time to add a leader. It would much simpler just to type in 'ml' after setting the one I want current

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Multileader problem

I have a file I'm xrefing in multiple drawings, it has multileaders with dotblank for arrowhead, in every drawing reffing the dwg, with the layer those multileaders are on turned off, the dotblank block in the multileader is still plotting everywhere, any suggestions? I really don't want to be exploding all these.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

It appears as though the arrowhead block was created on a different layer than the leader itself. You may have to go to the source explode one of them to find the properties then hopefully you can freeze that layer also or block edit to change all of them to the proper layer.

Hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Multileader problem

That worked, copied a multileader, exploded, edit in place dotblank to a non-0 layer, save edit, thanks!

Autodesk should change that so dotblank layer defaults to multileader insertion layer.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by guyver1 View Post
    we all know that ctrl+2 brings up the design center where you can select a drawing go into say dim styles and then drag and drop dim styles from that drawing into your current drawing.

Well it would appear autodesk have forgotten to include multileader styles in design center

to get a MLstyle into my current drawing i have to open a blank template that has all my dim/text/multileader styles pre loaded, create a multileader, then copy it to clipboard and then paste it into the drawing i need it in

can we get a fix or a workaround for this please?
    Is there an answer to this original post?

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Give a bone

Create an mleader, drag that and the mleaderstyle command onto a toolpallette. Drag an mleader into the drawing, then reset the mleaderstyle to be current. It only has to be done once in a drawing, but may not be ideal.
    I used the CUI command to drag the mleaderstyle command over to the toolpallet and it works well.