Thread: Open does not display a dialog box, instead prompts at the command line

Login to Give a bone

Default Open does not display a dialog box, instead prompts at the command line

the civil 3d program crashed when i was trying to put surfaces in my drawing. it is a not enough memory problem. so now when i open autocad and click open file, there is no dialog box. it just prompt me to the command line. does anyone know how to get the dialog box back????

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Open does not display a dialog box, instead prompts at the command line

If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Open does not display a dialog box, instead prompts at the command line

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the Autolisp Forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks,

Richard
    Forum Moderator
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    please help

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARDREEDE
    please help
    Type FILEDIA at the command prompt. Then type 1 at the response.

Your Open dialog box should then be restored.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

this fixed my problem , thank you

Login to Give a bone

Is anyone else still having this problem? I'm using 2007 Map 3D and out of the blue my dialog box disappears for no reason at all.

Login to Give a bone

AFAIK there are only two reasons for the prompts to appear on the command line when a dialogue box is expected - the most likely is as described above. (The other is a Windows screen resolution set too low.)

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by aharris
    Is anyone else still having this problem? I'm using 2007 Map 3D and out of the blue my dialog box disappears for no reason at all.
    One suggestion is to create a toolbar button with your preferred settings embedded in it, like filedia, cmddia, viewres, plinegen, etc, and when things go awry, just hit the button to reset. I get the issue you described at times when AutoCAD Civil 3D crashes on me, so don't feel alone on that.