See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Drawing Cleanup Lisp

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Drawing Cleanup Lisp

Hi All CAD Experts, I am a newbie here and need your help.
    I have been working on a project with over 700 sheets, and we start finding out our file sizes are increasing rapidly due to bad AEC blocks from consultants or ADT objects. The AEC parasite is running deep and we are in desperate need to clean our entire project folder.

So far I found out the only way to truly clean the files is to purge audit and resave into dxf, which should purge all AEC objects. And I figured out it may take 2 passes, one to open the files and saveas dxf, then open newly saved dxf and save it back into dwg. Is that a way to do that in one go, i.e. in the lisp to use a filename variable to open the newly-saved ACAD-filename.dxf ? Any help will be much appreciated !

Here is what I plan to do:
    Step 1: Open filename.dwg, Purge all, DXFOUT
    Step 2: Open ACAD-filename.dxf, Purge all, Audit, reload Linetype, Scalelistedit, Saveas ACAD-filename.dwg

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Drawing Cleanup Lisp

Quote Originally Posted by joeskarfe622324 View Post
    Hi All CAD Experts, I am a newbie here and need your help.
    I have been working on a project with over 700 sheets, and we start finding out our file sizes are increasing rapidly due to bad AEC blocks from consultants or ADT objects. The AEC parasite is running deep and we are in desperate need to clean our entire project folder.

So far I found out the only way to truly clean the files is to purge audit and resave into dxf, which should purge all AEC objects. And I figured out it may take 2 passes, one to open the files and saveas dxf, then open newly saved dxf and save it back into dwg. Is that a way to do that in one go, i.e. in the lisp to use a filename variable to open the newly-saved ACAD-filename.dxf ? Any help will be much appreciated !

Here is what I plan to do:
    Step 1: Open filename.dwg, Purge all, DXFOUT
    Step 2: Open ACAD-filename.dxf, Purge all, Audit, reload Linetype, Scalelistedit, Saveas ACAD-filename.dwg
    Congratulations on your first post.

What you want to do is very possible I think.
    It would take me quite a while to work it out though. Similar to This Thread.
    I'm what you would call a beginner-to-intermediate lisper, just enough to be dangerous .

Another thing to consider, along with this is Terry Cad's Script Creator Program which can be run on all drawings in a folder.

Maybe another AUGI programmer has better insight and options.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

The AectoACAD command does what you want also - even appends the file name with acad at the beginning, but skips the dxf process so that more items are able to live on with their current format. It simply kills off all of the aec objects. Our company standard for cleaning up files received from an architect/client is to run this first, as it helps keep our files tidy. I would think a script written around that command would be the simplest way to get from point A to point B.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradomrg View Post
    The AectoACAD command does what you want also - even appends the file name with acad at the beginning, but skips the dxf process so that more items are able to live on with their current format. It simply kills off all of the aec objects. Our company standard for cleaning up files received from an architect/client is to run this first, as it helps keep our files tidy. I would think a script written around that command would be the simplest way to get from point A to point B.
    Sounds perfect!
    If you use the "Script Creator" program by Terry Cad that I mentioned in my earlier post, you could run it on every drawing in a folder at once, no need for lisp.

*edit.. maybe you could add a nice PURGE routine to clean up regapps etc, could be loaded and run within the script too.
    Or simply put it in your script as commands.
    Last edited by tedg; 2013-10-24 at 01:30 PM. Reason: purge regapps idea