Thread: How to format MT globally?

Login to Give a bone

Cool How to format MT globally?

I got a drg contains lot of Mtext. These are all in same style but inside it for some texts, fonts and size are changed. I want to make it all in our corporate text style. But by this reason I need to open each mtext > highlight > fonts&size to be apply. Tried of selecting all MTs and changed in properties window. failed ! Any suggestions so that I can apply the changes globally?

I could stop if I wanted to de-co1's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to format MT globally?

Have you tried your quick select option?

Tools>Quick Select

In the object type drop down, select Mtext, select your parameters for choosing your text, then use properties to change what you want.

Or does it not work this way round either?

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quick Select is not what you are looking for, it doesn't have the ability as far as I know to look inside the mtext object and find changes to the formatting. A quick way would be to explode the mtext object and then convert it back to mtext, this would fix the fonts, but to fix the text height, you need to match properties, I would suggest possibly some sort of a lisp routine, but I am not that good at lisp, or I would come up with something.
    Ex.
    []
    Command: x EXPLODE 1 found

Command: ma MATCHPROP
    Select source object:
    Current active settings: Color Layer Ltype Ltscale Lineweight Thickness
    PlotStyle Text Dim Hatch Polyline Viewport Table

Select destination object(s) or [Settings]:

Select destination object(s) or [Settings]:
    Command: tt TXT2MTXT
    Select text objects, or [Options]<Options>:
    Select objects: 1 found

Select objects: 1 found, 2 total

Select objects:
    2 Text objects removed, 1 MText object added.
    []

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Have a browse of the following threads...

Changing text height and style in AutoLISP

Dimension text...

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: How to format MT globally?

Quote Originally Posted by girishpongalil
    I got a drg contains lot of Mtext. These are all in same style but inside it for some texts, fonts and size are changed. I want to make it all in our corporate text style. But by this reason I need to open each mtext > highlight > fonts&size to be apply. Tried of selecting all MTs and changed in properties window. failed ! Any suggestions so that I can apply the changes globally?
    I had a drawing with many pieces of mtxt with code formatting in each piece, and rather than remove them all, I did a qselect to select all fo the mtxt, exploded it, turning it into regular text... then do a qselect to pick all the text and use the express tool txt2mtxt to turn it back into mtxt... erm, that might be a hassle, but, it's what I ended up doing in the end. good luck!
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

I could stop if I wanted to tyshofner's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Here is a LISP routine I wrote for another post. It was modified from another routine I wrote to "fix" a list of text styles. I choped it down to only fix one, "NOTES", but you can add to the list to make it do more than one style if need be. It will fix both DTEXT and MTEXT (it will remove font formatting from mtext). If you need it to also fix the height in the MTEXT I can look into it (it ought to be a minor modification). Anyways you can modify the code to fit your specific needs. I commented the places where the text style is set. I wouldn't say it's perfect but it gets the job done.

Let me know if you need any help getting the routine modified.

Ty
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tyshofner; 2005-11-21 at 07:37 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer
    I had a drawing with many pieces of mtxt with code formatting in each piece, and rather than remove them all, I did a qselect to select all fo the mtxt, exploded it, turning it into regular text... then do a qselect to pick all the text and use the express tool txt2mtxt to turn it back into mtxt... erm, that might be a hassle, but, it's what I ended up doing in the end. good luck!
    Hi

If you follow the links in my above post, you will see references to StripMText.lsp

Download this file, give it a go... I honestly think you will find it much easier and much more efficient.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Mike. This what I was exactly looking for and done the job at a selection !
    Thanks to tyshofner also (sorry, I dont your name)..but some reason "fixtxt" didnt work for me.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

@tyshofner
    I wanted StripMtext.lsp (that's how I ended up signing up for AUGI membership), but then -- horror of horrors -- the link to the download is a dead 404. I downloaded your fixtxt.lsp apploaded it into MEP2008 and tyoped fixtxt at the command line. Nothing happened. THEN I read your post (lol), and realised that I had to change a few things in the routine. So In Notepad I did a find and replace -- your "Notes" was replaced by our particular style name, and I changed simplex.shx to isocpeur.ttf. saved to the program files.... support folder and apploaded again. This time, blam! It worked!

I cannot thank you enough, this has been an irritating over ride feature for so many years, but recently we've been getting in files from a particular consultant that has a font and colour over ride on every single mtext -- and it was driving us all nuts.

You are a hero, and if there were acad oscars you'd get my vote!