Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where is TSAEC.SHX

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: where is TSAEC.SHX

Quote Originally Posted by hughrjt View Post
    Okay I have researched this further and it is quite probable that the OP was talking about a compiled complex linetype shp. This however was neither clear from the OP or indeed from your follow up reply.

Had someone just said it was a compiled complex linetype shape file then that would have been clear from the beginning. Your previous contribution on this merely stated: "This is not a font, but rather a shape file." which was not clear.

It seems to be just a misunderstanding, when we talk about SHX files we should be clear whether we are talking about font SHX or otherwise and follow up comments would help if they referred to shape files as in SHP or compiled shape files as in SHX.
    "This is not a font, but rather a shape file" seems quite clear to me. Whether it is or is not used within a linetype definition is a secondary consideration.
    The answer - as stated several times - is to contact the supplier of the drawing.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by hughrjt View Post
    This however was neither clear from the OP or indeed from your follow up reply.

Had someone just said it was a compiled complex linetype shape file then that would have been clear from the beginning. Your previous contribution on this merely stated: "This is not a font, but rather a shape file." which was not clear.
    It was obvious from the original post that we are dealing with a shape file, not a font file. The only way to get prompted about a missing font file, is if you do not have a FONTMAP file, and FONTALT is set to nothing. If these conditions are true, then you get the dialog shown below:

Notice the dialog is not asking for a specific "SHX" file, it's only asking for a font name from the list of fonts (either .shx in the support file search path, or .TTF as installed in Windows)

When there is a missing shape file, you are prompted with a standard Windows file selection dialog, to select the actual SHX file that is missing. This is what the original message said.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

I could stop if I wanted to Comach's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    It was obvious from the original post that we are dealing with a shape file, not a font file. The only way to get prompted about a missing font file, is if you do not have a FONTMAP file, and FONTALT is set to nothing. If these conditions are true, then you get the dialog shown below:

Notice the dialog is not asking for a specific "SHX" file, it's only asking for a font name from the list of fonts (either .shx in the support file search path, or .TTF as installed in Windows)

When there is a missing shape file, you are prompted with a standard Windows file selection dialog, to select the actual SHX file that is missing. This is what the original message said.
    Thank you and generally I would agree with your comments.

It has been a good and interesting discussion.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ray salmon View Post
    to lazy to do that.
    What a great attitude.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

A little late, but here it is if you need it.

To clarify, it is indeed a complex linetype Shapefile.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: where is TSAEC.SHX

Quote Originally Posted by nelson118 View Post
    A little late, but here it is if you need it.

To clarify, it is indeed a complex linetype Shapefile.
    Hi! I'm a novice user of Auto CAD and I experienced this same problem too. I would like to now where should I put this file?

Thank you so much.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mech-Eng View Post
    I would like to now where should I put this file?
    In any directory that is in your support file search path.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12