See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LISP routine to overwrite layer descriptions...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: LISP routine to overwrite layer descriptions...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    HaHa - I'm not mean, I just happen to have a particularly dark sense of humor.
    I anxiously await your vanilla LISP offering, so long as it too supports undo functionality.

Cheers
    I offered it up 2 days ago. Not sure about the undo (I use revit now a days; not even sure acad is on this machine).
    http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?to...4540#msg524540

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by john.kaul677093 View Post
    ... don't listen to what others may say about me.
    BlackBox says: Always bet on lucky #7. #yolo

BTW - How's the new addition? The startup? Did you ever get a working model for subversioning DWG to work? How'd it go with BizSpark? Ok, ok, we should probably catch up offline. You know how to reach me.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

BlackBox says: Always bet on lucky #7. #yolo
    BTW - How's the new addition? The startup? Did you ever get a working model for subversioning DWG to work? How'd it go with BizSpark? Ok, ok, we should probably catch up offline. You know how to reach me.

Cheers
    bleh! Iv'e been reading (learning) C# but the language is so goofy!! I hate it already and I haven't even written any real code. I'm on chapter nine of my book but I got so fed up with the language quirks I stopped for a few weeks and started working on a library/API in Cpp. The model for the version control idea is still on my TODO.

Login to Give a bone

I offered it up 2 days ago. Not sure about the undo (I use revit now a days; not even sure acad is on this machine).
    Not sure how I missed your post, I'll have to take a closer look, but from a quick skim:

Quote Originally Posted by John Kaul (Se7en), from some other forum
    Code:
    <snip>

;; DESCRIPTION
    ;;         This application will allow you to load previous saved layers
    ;;         (name, color, line type, and state) to the current drawing. If
    ;;         the layers do not exist they will be created using the 
    ;;         settings in the file. If the layer name already exists in the
    ;;         drawing, those settings will not be updated -- this is to
    ;;         allow for custom, per drawing, layer overrides-.

<snip>

I will say though, just to be persnickety (apples-to-apples and all that), both samples I used in the earlier comparison here provide layer create/overwrite, and undo... Where the former is per OP request, and the latter is a byproduct of the Command methodology... I included *UndoMarks in the VL code for completeness (which obviously adds overhead).

Cheers

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

You're going to make me learn lisp again aren't you? That feature was a request so I added it.

Login to Give a bone

bleh! Iv'e been reading (learning) C# but the language is so goofy!! I hate it already and I haven't even written any real code. I'm on chapter nine of my book but I got so fed up with the language quirks I stopped for a few weeks and started working on a library/API in Cpp. The model for the version control idea is still on my TODO.
    Buck up buttercup; you at least have the benefit of comprehending C++ prior to teaching yourself C#!

I had to go from LISP as my only language; WTF is WPF/XAML, VSTO, and this static keyword!? HaHa.

BTW, which book?

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

You're going to make me learn lisp again aren't you? That feature was a request so I added it.
    ... That totally made my day (again).

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

[ShamelessPlug]

You could always become an AUGI Professional Member, which comes with a FREE Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) membership, and then install it yourself at work, or home, in as many VMs as you want really (for testing purposes only, not for production).

[/ShamelessPlug]

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

Buck up buttercup; you at least have the benefit of comprehending C++ prior to teaching yourself C#!

I had to go from LISP as my only language; WTF is WPF/XAML, VSTO, and this static keyword!? HaHa.

BTW, which book?
    Programming C#: Building .net applications with C#

The book is good, and I can pick up on the syntax okay enough but some of the quirks I can see how and why it's happening and it bugs me. For example, I just got done with a chapter on "interfaces" -i.e. the impacts of implicit boxing when casting structs to a interface reference. ...I can see how and why stuff is happening and it bugs me because I am used how I like to use inheritance.

Haha. static, virtual, protected, by ref and by val, and the like are fun. ...C# doesn't have pointers does it?

Login to Give a bone

Programming C#: Building .net applications with C#
    I read Andrew Troelsen's Pro C# 2010 and the .NET 4.0 Platform; found all +/- 1900 pages riveting.

Haha. static, virtual, protected, by ref and by val, and the like are fun. ...C# doesn't have pointers does it?

Reference and Value Types

C# distinguishes between value types and reference types. Simple types (int, long, double, and so on) and structs are value types, while all classes are reference types, as are Objects. Value types hold their value on the stack, like variables in C++, unless they are embedded within a reference type. Reference type variables sit on the stack, but they hold the address of an object on the heap, much like pointers in C++. Value types are passed to methods by value (a copy is made), while reference types are effectively passed by reference.

Computer Specs:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234