Thread: Door with 'Healing' Sidelights Mystery

Login to Give a bone

Default Door with 'Healing' Sidelights Mystery

Please find attached a door and window combination that I made as a test a year ago or so. There are nested windows on each side of the door which have Visibility Parameters for right and left. When this is inserted into a project and the Visibility Parameters are switched, the wall hole 'heals'. I can't remember how I did this. I think that I have narrowed it down to a setting in the window template but I can't duplicate it with another window/door combo. AND IT"S DRIVING ME CRAZY. Anyone know what I'm forgetting?

Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Door with 'Healing' Sidelights Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by jpolding View Post
    Please find attached a door and window combination that I made as a test a year ago or so. There are nested windows on each side of the door which have Visibility Parameters for right and left. When this is inserted into a project and the Visibility Parameters are switched, the wall hole 'heals'. I can't remember how I did this. I think that I have narrowed it down to a setting in the window template but I can't duplicate it with another window/door combo. AND IT"S DRIVING ME CRAZY. Anyone know what I'm forgetting?

My guess is that since the nested window family already has a wall void in it. When you turn it off, it turns off the wall void too.

Jeff S.
    Last edited by jsteinhauer; 2009-08-05 at 08:35 PM. Reason: poor grammer

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door with 'Healing' Sidelights Mystery

Thanks for the guess Jeff but that's not it. When I try this with another window type it leaves a gaping hole!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jpolding View Post
    Thanks for the guess Jeff but that's not it. When I try this with another window type it leaves a gaping hole!
    I was half right. You created the void with an opening. The opening apparently act very differently then a void. More important things have been discovered by accident then on purpose. This may want to go into the tips section.

Jeff S.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Door with 'Healing' Sidelights Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
    I was half right. You created the void with an opening. The opening apparently act very differently then a void. More important things have been discovered by accident then on purpose. This may want to go into the tips section.

Jeff S.
    After doing some more testing, I've found I am wrong. I don't know what is happening in this family. Seriously what & how did you do that?

Sorry,

Jeff S.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

After doing some more testing, I've found I am wrong. I don't know what is happening in this family. Seriously what & how did you do that?

Sorry,

Jeff S.
    I'm a stubborn one. But, I got an answer that truly works. I promise!!! You're nested window family is setup as shared. The visibility control then allows the cut openings to be removed for whatever reason. I need to research shared families more. They're really beginning to peek my interest.

Cheers,

Jeff S.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door with 'Healing' Sidelights Mystery

I'm a stubborn one. But, I got an answer that truly works. I promise!!! You're nested window family is setup as shared. The visibility control then allows the cut openings to be removed for whatever reason. I need to research shared families more. They're really beginning to peek my interest.

Cheers,

Jeff S.

Thanks Jeff! That is indeed it. Thought I checked that but I guess not. Thanks again.