See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Cracking The 2010 UI - Go back to classic

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cracking The 2010 UI - Go back to classic

Looks like I'm too late. The instructions for restoring functionality are gone.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Read View Post
    There's this thing in Architecture called "Phased Construction" - where you don't tear down one building until the new building is complete. Some good ideas there...

Anyway - looks like the "offending" post has been removed.
    Mods,

Why was this done? Below is a cut and paste of the Don'ts in the forum guidelines, which guideline was offended in this instance?

Regards,

Ian

Forum Don'ts

* Do not post messages that are inflammatory, non-constructive, or at odds with the aims of AUGI and its Forums.

* Do not post messages that contain offensive language or references or personal attacks against other AUGI members.

* Do not post non-constructive messages about AUGI or its programs and services. If there is something you do not like, please suggest a solution or course of action to remedy the situation. Feel free to post your ideas and concerns in the Forum Feedback or Site Feedback Sub-Forums or E-mail the Forum Manager directly.

* Do not mistake our Forums for your personal soap box. The Forums are designed as a communication tool to assist our members in solving problems and becoming more productive in their use of Autodesk products.

* Do not impersonate another member within these forums, in any mode of communication, it is strictly prohibited and will result in a banning.

* Do not post the same question to more than one forum at a time (be it to the same forum or separate forums). The term for this is "Multiple-Forum Posting" which can be quite confusing and will complicate the Forum process. All but one of the posts will be deleted by a Moderator.

* Do not add the Forum or any Forum member's address to any mailing list.

* Do not use addresses obtained from a Forum message for any personal or business mailing.

* Do not argue a Moderators decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a Moderator must first be addressed to the Moderator in question via PM. If the problem cannot be resolved, then the Moderator and member must send their positions to the Forum Manager. The Forum Manager will make or change any and/or all final decisions after consultation with AUGI's Board of Directors.

* Do not post any job descriptions or resumes in messages to the general Forums. Only post such messages in the "Career Corner" Sub-Forums.

* Do not post any form of advertising or self promotional material or links to them within the Forums. We realize there is a slight grey area where it may be necessary to do so to provide technical solutions. We also recognize blatant self promotion. To advertise on AUGI, please contact the AUGIWorld Magazine or AUGI HotNews staff.

* Do not mistake the "Classified" Forum as a place for posting commercial adverts / messages. Classified ads (individual type) maybe be posted in the "Classified" Forum only.

* Posts that infringe any of the above guidelines will be deleted or moved accordingly, by a Moderator without notice.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by iankids View Post
    Forum Don'ts

* Do not argue a Moderators decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a Moderator must first be addressed to the Moderator in question via PM. If the problem cannot be resolved, then the Moderator and member must send their positions to the Forum Manager. The Forum Manager will make or change any and/or all final decisions after consultation with AUGI's Board of Directors.

* Posts that infringe any of the above guidelines will be deleted or moved accordingly, by a Moderator without notice.
    i am not arguing with the mods (if they did take the message prior to my last one down)
    and since there is no reference to the post existing, nor being removed, i do not know what action to preform next.

to ask why?

to ask if we can put it up again?

Quote Originally Posted by iankids View Post
    Was the info provided by cdodge posted in this thread? If so, it would seem that it has been removed by one of the mods. If not, please let me know where you found the info.

PM me if you wish.

Cheers,

Ian
    see above, dont know if they will squelch a repeating of the information

Moderators - please elaborate if anything was explicitly done about this topic / the posting showing the code. I am not arguing with your removable of the posting in question, just asking for a scope of context to proceed further with.

Thanks,

edit: it appears that user "cdodge.73262" no longer exists
    whether this is by him/herself or by the moderators i will not debate.

Login to Give a bone

the +1 he was talking about was rep points I believe, not something to do with the hack.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mbalsom View Post
    So can someone let us all in on where "oh +1 indeed" needs to go
    the +1 was a reference to the "rep" on the site (the little green/red curved edge squares under your name / avatar to the left)

if a mod replies back to the topic saying that it is ok to "repost" the important information for how to do it, i will

until then, in case there are any legal ramifications that could be rectified upon myself.

Login to Give a bone

I'm sure the post constitutes some breach of the DMCA. Reverse enginering of a *.txt file using an unapproved hardware like your bio-optical system - or something like that. Probably punishable by death or at least having your Kindle wiped clean.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by aaronrumple View Post
    Kindle wiped clean.
    +1 rep for kindle 1984 reference.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by aaronrumple View Post
    I'm sure the post constitutes some breach of the DMCA. Reverse enginering of a *.txt file using an unapproved hardware like your bio-optical system - or something like that. Probably punishable by death or at least having your Kindle wiped clean.
    Yep. That bio-optical system will get you into trouble every time!!

Ian

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I think we need to look at what's going on here:
    • most (70% of AUGI) users are hating the Ribbon and want to get the old UI back
    • the Factory dutifully debugs whatever UI they're told to create
    • the debug mode used for debug (regression) testing at the Factory is now out in the open (sort of) and everyone can see that it's easy to enable it, though it's not designed for production use.
    I can recognize the issues for users and Autodesk:
    • Autodesk doesn't want to bug test two UIs at this stage of the game. They have no intention of supporting the old UI for production use at this time
    • users can see that the old UI is still there -- why can't they just use it?
    Politically Autodesk is trying to herd us all into the Ribbon-loving camp, or at least into some sort of headspace that says The Ribbon is OK and We Know it's Not Going Away.

Well, nuts to that. The Ribbon was, for most folks, a giant leap backwards. Well now, say they fix the UI in 2011. Great! That's one year of your life where your "cheese" was fragged and moved into Phil Read's kitchen drawer, and in other locations wherever the Demonized Drunken Leprechaun decided to hide it. So you either
    • skip 2010 and just use 2009 (wasting a year's subscription monies)
    • cancel Subscription because 2010 makes you less productive
    • use 2010 with the Ribbon and feel tired after you use it for any lengthy period of time
    Ri-i-i-i-i-ight. Does anyone see a solution in here? Yeah -- it's called Give the Consumer What They Want. Give 'em the 2009 UI and say use it at your own risk. And the risks are simply that some tools might not work. If that happens, you yank the ini file out of the Program folder and life goes on.

Now of course there's always the slim chance that this ini file might cause something more devious in your Revit file. More devious than chronic eye fatigue? More chronic than macular degeneration? Right! I think people will take the risk and use the ini file to get back to the software they've loved.

And that's Revit: without the goofy multi-headed face on it. Scott Hopkins will agree. Our eyes all getting trashed by this new UI. The new UI is really tiring compared to the old one on a number of fronts.

Autodesk needs to think real hard about how much love they want to feel right about now.

So is the new UI better? Click our logo and drop the ini file into the Program folder. Restart. I'm using the new KB shortcuts afforded by the new UI so I run with the Ribbon on.
    Last edited by Wes Macaulay; 2009-07-22 at 11:43 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Can see it now....

2011 Release....Fine! Have your classic GUI back.... and thats it....nothing else has changed.
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast