Thread: Default resizable RETURN/SUPPLY Grilles needed!

Login to Give a bone

Default Default resizable RETURN/SUPPLY Grilles needed!

Hi everyone! I am very new to Revit MEP and I've been trying to learn it from researching online and CADLearning witch is very good course but sometime you get stuck on something and no tutorial can help you! I would like to ask you about an issue with return/exhaust grilles that I've been having . Iam currently working on my first project witch is a VRV Layout and i need to place some grilles. The problem is that REVIT has many default resizable SUPPLY grilles but I can not find any resizable RETURN or EXHAUST (not HOSTED and not mounted). It has only some standard sizes and I need to customize the size as I have 3 different size return grilles in my project. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone tell me where I can find any? I already looked in BIMOBJECT and didn't find any. Any help would be appreciated!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Default resizable RETURN/SUPPLY Grilles needed!

Quote Originally Posted by ChatziEvgenia View Post
    Hi everyone! I am very new to Revit MEP and I've been trying to learn it from researching online and CADLearning witch is very good course but sometime you get stuck on something and no tutorial can help you! I would like to ask you about an issue with return/exhaust grilles that I've been having . Iam currently working on my first project witch is a VRV Layout and i need to place some grilles. The problem is that REVIT has many default resizable SUPPLY grilles but I can not find any resizable RETURN or EXHAUST (not HOSTED and not mounted). It has only some standard sizes and I need to customize the size as I have 3 different size return grilles in my project. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone tell me where I can find any? I already looked in BIMOBJECT and didn't find any. Any help would be appreciated!
    Hi there! Congrats on making your first post. I moved your question from the BIM Management forum to this one (Revit MEP - Families) as I believe it will be better served here.

Cheers.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Hi there! Congrats on making your first post. I moved your question from the BIM Management forum to this one (Revit MEP - Families) as I believe it will be better served here.

Cheers.
    Thank you

Login to Give a bone

There is a TON of families that you can find on Autodesk seek. But the simplest family fix I would recommend is if you have a supply grille you like, open the family editor. And select the duct connector component, and on the properties panel change it to either return or exhaust and re save the family with a new name and load t into your project. This will give you an exact copy of the supply grilles but with the capabilities of exhausting and returning calculations.

When you do this you will need to make sure that you update the identity data for scheduling of the new grille(s).