Thread: Open Dialog Box not displayed

Login to Give a bone

Default Open Dialog Box not displayed

I had a curious thing happen this morning when I started my program. On opening AutoCad, the familiar startup dialog box showed up where I can browse through my directory tree and select the drawing I want to open. When I opened the drawing and wanted to open another one, the startup dialog box was replaced with a command line prompt expecting me to type the full path of the new drawing. The only way I found to get the dialog box back was to shut down the program and start it up again. This is a real pain when I want to cut/paste between drawings, and some of my pathnames are pretty long, so I really don't want to have to type them every time. I looked to see if there was anything that may have changed to cause this, but didn't find anything to set the startup dialog box feature. Any ideas as to what might have changed, or what I can do to get the dialog box back every time I want to open a new drawing in the same session?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Open Dialog Box not displayed

Note: I have moved this thread from the New User forum to this one.

Login to Give a bone

This happened to me about a month ago on 2004LT. I rebooted my machine and didn't have any more issues. If you haven't done that yet, give it a shot. Good luck!

Login to Give a bone

Set your filedia variable to 1. I am not sure why it is happening in LT, that is usually caused by a program loading that changes it to 0 and not back to 1.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by dkemstra
    I had a curious thing happen this morning when I started my program. On opening AutoCad, the familiar startup dialog box showed up where I can browse through my directory tree and select the drawing I want to open. When I opened the drawing and wanted to open another one, the startup dialog box was replaced with a command line prompt expecting me to type the full path of the new drawing. The only way I found to get the dialog box back was to shut down the program and start it up again. This is a real pain when I want to cut/paste between drawings, and some of my pathnames are pretty long, so I really don't want to have to type them every time. I looked to see if there was anything that may have changed to cause this, but didn't find anything to set the startup dialog box feature. Any ideas as to what might have changed, or what I can do to get the dialog box back every time I want to open a new drawing in the same session?