Thread: Connection database with Excel and Autocad

Login to Give a bone

Default Connection database with Excel and Autocad

Good evening,

I'm trying to link a text from Autocad to an excel spreadsheet so that when changed in Excel, be changed in autocad.

I started doing database through ODBC.

I made a table in excel selecting and naming fields, added the file in windows OBDC manager, able to make the connection through dbConnect autocad, created label ...

Now I need to put the information in the database autocad text entity and already there I'm not getting more done, can someone give me a light?

Thank you!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Connection database with Excel and Autocad

The idea is this: I will work with the same stamp that will be inserted in the various plants through xref. so if I have 10 plants and need to change something I'll need to change the stamp only on the base.

The texts containing information which change according to plant such number of plank, plank content, scale, reviews, artist name, name of the designer, etc.. these will be organized in excel as a table and serve as the basis for the text on the stamp autocad.

If the stamp is on board 1 layout data corresponding excel vai pair of stamp, if the board layout 2 the same thing and so on.

So the idea of doing this using Excel as a database and the corresponding texts in autocad thus need only to move the information in excel without opening all plants.

I can link to the excel table via ODBC and using dbConnect in autocad, but I am not knowing how to text or mtext cad get the information from the database table

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by luislhss View Post
    The idea is this: I will work with the same stamp that will be inserted in the various plants through xref. so if I have 10 plants and need to change something I'll need to change the stamp only on the base.

The texts containing information which change according to plant such number of plank, plank content, scale, reviews, artist name, name of the designer, etc.. these will be organized in excel as a table and serve as the basis for the text on the stamp autocad.

If the stamp is on board 1 layout data corresponding excel vai pair of stamp, if the board layout 2 the same thing and so on.

So the idea of doing this using Excel as a database and the corresponding texts in autocad thus need only to move the information in excel without opening all plants.

I can link to the excel table via ODBC and using dbConnect in autocad, but I am not knowing how to text or mtext cad get the information from the database table
    Hi,
    In my opinion you could create more simply a block with attributes and change the attributes reading a text file or excel file as you prefer by a very poor macro in VBA.

If you can send me a sample stamp I'll try to write a code for you.

Regards

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Grobnik,
    I have the same problem with luislhss. I am having a block attributes sample attributes.jpg. As you mentioned above, is it possible to change the attibutes reading into a text file or i prefer the excel file using macros in VBA? Could you please help how to solve my problem. Note: I have no idea how to use VBA appllication.

Thanks,
    Carlos

Login to Give a bone

hola saludos a todos, estoy muy interesado en aprender la programacion en excel con visual basic para autocad
    encontre este video en la red y quisiera saber si me podrian compartir informacion acerca del tema

Attachment 108202Attachment 108203Attachment 108204
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Hi,
    I'm suggesting to find some ebook on VBA for both EXCEL and AUTOCAD, also other forum specific for AUTOCAD Customization, by Autodesk, like https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autoc.../AutoCADTopic1
    As second issue explain us what are yours basic requirements focused to drawing customization.

As final it's better to write en english language in order to be more understandable for other group members.

Bye