See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Management Software?

Login to Give a bone

Question Project Management Software?

Just wonder what other large facility owners use for managing their projects?

MS Office Project?
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...487771033.aspx

Teamcenter?
    http://www.plm.automation.siemens.co...ts/teamcenter/

Oracle?
    http://www.oracle.com/applications/p...anagement.html

CMiC?
    http://www.cmic.ca/main.html

Project Talk?
    http://www.meridiansystems.com/produ...management.asp

others? (comparison matrix on wiki)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...ement_software

Thanks for your $0.02.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Project Management Software?

Project management software is a term covering many types of software, including scheduling, cost control and budget management, resource allocation, collaboration software, communication, quality management and documentation or administration systems, which are used to deal with the complexity of large projects.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

We tried MS Project, it was just too complicated.

We use this software for . It is very intuitive, we were up and running in under 15 minutes.

Login to Give a bone

Basecamp would be a good choice because of the simplicity and cheap price. It's one of the widely used and the most popular software today. Other alternatives could be Zoho Projects, Smartsheet, Central Desktop, Freshbooks and Smartsheet.

Now if you're wondering which software to choose, you can check it this comparison table in this blog:

It shows the various features a software can offer and also it lists 37 other project management software having a short review so you could know what the software is.
    Last edited by jazzchaves606387; 2011-03-24 at 12:55 PM.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Project management is a very important business concept; it helps in the smooth flow of the project. Doing project management is really very beneficial for business people; it will help them to maintain a track on things going on in the project. There are number of project management software out there.

Login to Give a bone

There are various project management software alternatives today and one of the most used and most popular that I think is Basecamp.

Actually, there's nothing wrong if you don't use the most popular software. What's important is that the software you are using satisfies your needs where you are comfortable with it.

As for me, I've been using . I find this software really comfortable to use and their features really suit my preferences as a project manager. And whenever I experience any problem, their support is always ready to back me up 24/7.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Agree, Josephre - the software used must satisfy your needs. Have been using 2010 for the last 6 months and I must say it helps in managing projects most effectively. It is simple to use and offers an intuitive and easy way to successfully complete projects.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for all of the references and comments, folks, it's good to hear what others are using and seeing what else is out there that I haven't heard about yet.

At work, our Project Management teams (both in Construction Management and IT) use MS Project for their scheduling and tasks.
    I've recently tried BaseCamp and agree that it's totally easy to get up and running with.

I did want to post a link to a review I just saw this morning, about another cloud-based project management system, ACE Project.
    http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/pro...47?tag=nl.e053
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Lately I’ve tried some free project management software but I found that they have many functions that are not for me. I run small projects in my company that do not need Gantt charts or reporting. Then I found basecamp that is what I was looking for but there is no free option:/ After digging deeper I found also that is very similar to Basecamp and suits me even more. And what is important - it has free option
    Using any of pm and collaboration software I can recommend to everybody. It really helps to organize your tasks and time and rises your efficiency.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    At work, our Project Management teams (both in Construction Management and IT) use MS Project for their scheduling and tasks.
    I've recently tried BaseCamp and agree that it's totally easy to get up and running with.
    Basecamp is more suited for collaboration rather than for effective project management. If you want a project management tool that is easy to use but have almost the power of MS Project then might be a possible choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast