Thread: Can't get parking stripes to follow topo

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Can't get parking stripes to follow topo

We are trying to put down parking stripes and they won't go on the parking subregion without a lot of trial and error. You can't pick 'Host' until you put one down and then it won't stay at the siteplan level but rather go on to a floor level. No phases involved. They won't follow the topo and just stay 'flat'.

Anyone else having this difficulty?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can't get parking stripes to follow topo

I was doing a rendering and was having the same problem.

This is my work around:

1) I layout the parking with parking stripes and not worry about having the elements hosted.

2) Then I go to the Site tab, and select Subregion tab.

3) Next, I trace over the parking stripes. The stripes will then conform to the topo surface.

One word of warning, when I was doing this Revit seemed to crash when I tried to do this to certain stripes. However, since they were out of the view, I didnt' really worry about it.

Hope this helps.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks.

I thought this might be a bug or just bad programming. I thought you could do this in previous releases but maybe I am wrong.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Another thing that is happening is the vehicles also do not follow the topo very well. We have one school bus that has its rear tires half buried in the parking region. Hope this gets fixed soon. It almost makes the topo/site tool useless.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sjsl
    Another thing that is happening is the vehicles also do not follow the topo very well. We have one school bus that has its rear tires half buried in the parking region. Hope this gets fixed soon. It almost makes the topo/site tool useless.

I don't how to easily fix the cars. Maybe someone else in the forum has a way to do this.

Login to Give a bone

I hope with all these complaints about the site tools, that things are being done to make them usable.

It's frustrating that the things that don't get much complaints (structural, HVAC) are the things that are in the process of being developed and improved. I'd like to see existing tools that don't work well get up to a usable standard first.

Login to Give a bone

A couple of things to check for your bus:-

1. Uncheck always vertical if the bus is to sit on sloping topo.
    2. In the bus family, check that the Base level is set to reference level and there is a zero offset.
    3. Select the bus in the project and check properties. It should say that host is surface. If not, use the "Pick Host" button on the options bar to select the topo.

If none of that works, please post the bus ( if you have a large envelope ) and we will look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsl

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

It's frustrating that the things that don't get much complaints (structural, HVAC)
    That's because they haven't been released yet Seriously, there seems to be a fairly well understood process Revit functionality is released. As a result there can be a reasonable lag between improvements. Look at keynoting. No changes since V4.

Guy

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

We have one school bus that has its rear tires half buried in the parking region
    The angle of the bus is taken from the perpendicular of the normal at the origin of the family. Normally the intersections of the reference planes.

I suspect with rapid changes in grade, this is why your bus is stuck in the ground.AFAIK there are no family templates with 2 reference plane types that will independently pick up a sites contours

HTH,

Guy