Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relay Panel Schedule

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Relay Panel Schedule

Situation:
    Created lighting fixture families with a nested family that has a "relay" circuit on it. So I can circuit the fixture and circuit the relay. Only way I found to get both circuits circuited correctly, tagged correctly and schedule out. I made the relay panel a "switchboard" so that I get that style of schedule. Now the engineers are asking for a custom relay schedule. Not sure if what they are asking for is possible. The formatting seems easy enough. Its the content. They want the panel that the fixture is circuited to, the ckt on that panel and the fixture type. Attached screen shot. Is this even possible? I'm sure I could make a custom schedule (not a panel schedule), but how would I show spares? Not sure were to go from here.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Relay Panel Schedule

Here's what you need to do: create a family called "Low voltage Relay" or something similar, categorize it as a light switch, and place 'x' number of instances on the surface of your relay panel family. Create a new type for each relay panel. Connect the relays to the fixtures and their circuit like you would any other light switch. Create a lighting device schedule filtered by Type Mark = Relay Panel Name and populate it with location, circuit, etc. You'll need to create text parameters for the control functions/devices like occ sensors/photocells/etc. because Revit is still stuck in the 80s when it comes to lighting control systems.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I'll give this a go next week. And let you know the results. I think dealing with all these lighting control issues these last few weeks has given me the flu. haha. Calling it a day.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

This option would allow me to pull the panel and CKT that the fixture is getting power from?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

So, I'm trying this out. I'm still not seeing how to get the power panel and CKT# pulled into the relay panel. I believe I'm missing something here?

Login to Give a bone

Something we've done to show a lighting control panel schedule is to create an electrical circuit schedule. In the circuit name that appears on our regular panel schedules we add "(LCP-1)" or the applicable control panel name to the description. That is used in the filter for the circuit schedule. Any additional columns required for the control panel schedule are added via instance based project parameters applied to electrical circuits. This allows you to show the panel name and circuit number and it remains 'live' if you shift circuits on the panel schedules. If you need spares to be shown we simply add lines and text on the sheet at the bottom of the schedule.

Perhaps this same method could be used for your relay schedule.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I believe I understand the workflow you are describing. I actually made an electric circuit schedule as well. But, I can't seem to pull the power panel name and CKT# into the Relay Panel schedule. I'll see what I can accomplish with instance based project parameters. The spares will most likely still be an issue. They want it setup like a "typical" panel schedule. Not just a list of spares after the CKTed info. I'll let you know my results..
    Thanks

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Ok, so I'm getting into this a little deeper. What instance project parameters are you creating to pull the fixture power panel and CKT. I can't seem to get any of that info to pull still.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

You need to connect the "relay" family to the same panel/ckt as the fixtures it controls, then add those fields to your schedule.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

The "Relay" family is embedded in the fixture. I think therein lies the issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast