PDA

View Full Version : Grids in Revit

jameseustace
2009-04-23, 08:50 PM
I'm slowly teaching myself revit and it seems pretty straight foward once you figure out where everything is at but the main problem I have right now is with the grids. On some of the floors only part of the grid shows. For instance on the 4th level of the structure im using only the vertical girds are showing. On another test project only the verticals showed all the time but on some of the floors where both showed the location of the grid bubble was wrong, it was on the opposite side of the grid.

jameseustace
2009-05-04, 08:08 PM
No one? I must just have a wierd computer. This is the 2nd question I've asked that no one has a answer for. Do I stink or something?

btrusty
2009-05-04, 08:29 PM
got some screenshots to further the problem?

from the sounds of it, you have a building scope (green box) and your elevation view is outside of the box and some of the grids are hidden...

Paul Monsef
2009-05-04, 08:30 PM
No one? I must just have a wierd computer. This is the 2nd question I've asked that no one has a answer for. Do I stink or something?
sniff sniff

I'm slowly teaching myself revit and it seems pretty straight foward once you figure out where everything is at but the main problem I have right now is with the grids. On some of the floors only part of the grid shows. For instance on the 4th level of the structure im using only the vertical girds are showing. On another test project only the verticals showed all the time but on some of the floors where both showed the location of the grid bubble was wrong, it was on the opposite side of the grid.
Well this is just a guess, grids can be set to only show up to/down to certain levels. if you cut a section through where the grids should be do they show up?

Make sure you always draw grids in the same direction, left>right or top>bottom. then the bubble will be on the proper side without have to make additional grid line types. If that's not it maybe you have a disgruntled employee switching your grids around when you are not looking. :)

jameseustace
2009-05-04, 09:05 PM
Hm ok I'll look into both those ideas and see if I can find the settings mentioned. Thanks guys.

As far as the screenshots unfortunatly no not anymore. I cheated and copied the grid up. Luckily this isn't a actual project I'm working on yet.

CADMama
2009-05-04, 09:11 PM

Let's start from the beginning - one of the first things you should know about a building would be how many stories it is going to have. SO - start by laying out your levels. Then place your grid lines on the lowest level.
Grid lines will show up to the upper most level in the project when they are created. If you add levels later then you can go into the elevations and pull your grid bubbles up beyond the upper level. This will make the grids show up on the floor plans related to that level.