PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2010 - 'Visible portion of current window' print option doesn't work!

Lou Surfou
2009-04-23, 10:26 PM
It seems that Revit 2010 has few flaws in its program:

I wanted to print a small window of my drawing, so I selected the 'Visible portion of current window' print option. It doesn't work!
Instead I got the same print as if I selected the 'Current window' print option

Alex Page
2009-04-23, 10:35 PM
Works like expected for me (2010,vista 64bit)....

Steve_Stafford
2009-04-24, 03:03 AM
Have you been using Revit for long? If you are comparing this function to AutoCAD's similar tool Print Window...then it isn't Revit 2010...it is just Revit. They are not the same.

Print Visible portion of current view will print as much of the view that will fit on the paper you select. If you zoom in on a small part of a sheet and print to the same size paper using this option you'll get a full sheet. If you choose a small paper size you'll get as much of the information that fits on that size paper.

Revit just does not crop out the drawing information outside of what we see on screen, as AutoCAD does. Does this help explain what is happening to you?

Lou Surfou
2009-04-24, 03:23 AM
Thank you for your concern but I've been using revit on a full time basis for more than 2 years!

I tried different views, levels and paper size, it always print, or show in the print preview, the full view of the window and not the detail view that I've got on the screen.
I'm using 2 monitors and I wonder if this is affecting it?

Thanks for your response.

Steve_Stafford
2009-04-24, 03:29 AM
Sorry, had to ask...to be sure! I find that it works the same as in previous releases. Sorry I can't confirm what your are experiencing. I use two monitors too.

mcaddc
2009-04-24, 03:33 AM
How about just cropping your view?
"Show Crop Region" then "Crop View"

Lou Surfou
2009-04-24, 03:46 AM
Sorry everybody,
I just needed to get to the setting and click on the fit to page.

I feel like a D... head!!