PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Revit to Autocad 3D

sergio.lechuga
2009-04-24, 12:29 AM
Is it possible to export a revit model to 3D dwgs? If so how? i know you can export a 3d view in revit to dwg, but does that actually make a autocad 3d model or is it still just lines? I am trying to get this so we can import our model into navisworks for clash detection. any ideas? isnt navis work able to take in a rvt.file.and convert it?

Help.

rmejia
2009-04-24, 12:47 AM
i know you can export a 3d view in revit to dwg, but does that actually make a autocad 3d model or is it still just lines?

It creates a full 3d model.

Steve_Stafford
2009-04-24, 03:56 AM
Exporting from:

Sheets = 2D data - sheet file and view files or bound sheet and views
Orthogonal views = 2D data
3D views = 3D model of either polymesh or ACIS solids (use Options during Export)
3D views on sheets = 2D drawing of model, just blocks/lines etc.

As mentioned in Aaron's follow on reply you can use the 3D dwg files in Navisworks. The Navisworks "way" would require you get the Revit plug-in Navisworks exporter which is not free at this time, it is part of Navisworks Manage, Simulate or Revit. Navisworks Freedom is the free model viewer. When you have it you export to Navisworks from within Revit.

twiceroadsfool
2009-04-24, 04:05 AM
You can use it in Navisworks with the 3D DWG export variants the Steve explained above... Its just clunk and not as nice and neat as the NWC exporter....