PDA

View Full Version : "Saving" issue in 09

Ryder76
2009-04-24, 04:21 PM
I've been using ACAD since release 9 and now I feel stupid.

In options you can set how often ACAD saves a drawing. In '09 I get saves at different times that I didn't schedule - often enough that it is very irritating. I seems that almost everytime I do something signifcant like inserting a block, zooming, plotting, etc. it automatically saves prior to executing the command.

I have ground my teeth to nubs - could this be a server issue or is it a 'bug'?

Please help or my doc may have to give me valium.

Ryder76
2009-04-30, 03:24 PM
OK - I posted this problem in the Autodesk Discussion Group. It seems that this issue is being ignored there as well; however, I got a post from another user over there that said they are having the same issues and are in need of help too.

Yes AutoCAD has problems with every version and I have used many of them, but I really like AutoCAD and it saddens me to see this (2009) version having sooo many issues.

I have a "need for speed", please - is there anyone out there that has had this problem?

dzatto
2009-04-30, 03:57 PM
I assume you're talking about autosave?
I haven't had this problem. Not that I remember, anyway.

I do know that when you save, qsave, or save as, that resets the timer on your autosave. But, that would make the autosave time seem longer, not shorter.

Maybe your template is corrupt. Try copying the entire drawing into a new template.

Ryder76
2009-04-30, 04:09 PM
I assume you're talking about autosave?
I haven't had this problem. Not that I remember, anyway.

I do know that when you save, qsave, or save as, that resets the timer on your autosave. But, that would make the autosave time seem longer, not shorter.

Maybe your template is corrupt. Try copying the entire drawing into a new template.

What I am experiencing is as if autosave is taking it's queue from something other than the selection in Options. This isn't an issue about a drawing it is happening in every drawing I am in, so my assumption is that it is a software problem and not a drawing integrity thing.

Thanks for your post - it helps to know I'm not being ignored.:)

Richard.Kent
2009-05-04, 04:19 PM
Are you working where there is a lot of add on customization? I ask because it sounds more like a 3rd party add on causing this than autocad. I have autosave set to 15 min but it rarely if ever kicks in as I qsave a lot. Do you save your file often?

Also, go into options (or type savetime) and check to see what the autosave is set for. While there set incremental save percentage to zero.

Ryder76
2009-05-04, 04:52 PM
Are you working where there is a lot of add on customization? I ask because it sounds more like a 3rd party add on causing this than autocad. I have autosave set to 15 min but it rarely if ever kicks in as I qsave a lot. Do you save your file often?

Also, go into options (or type savetime) and check to see what the autosave is set for. While there set incremental save percentage to zero.

We don't have any 3rd party add ons and my percentage is already set to zero.

I'm a big saver as well. but being continually interrupted by this saving issue is slowing me down. It's as if there is some internal switch that has nothing to do with autosave that is triggered by ???

I love ACAD, but I really want to flog Autodesk for this version. This is what happens when greed dictates software releases. :(

Thanks for your input it helps to know someone out there cares.

rkmcswain
2009-05-04, 05:38 PM
We don't have any 3rd party add ons and my percentage is already set to zero.

I'm a big saver as well. but being continually interrupted by this saving issue is slowing me down. It's as if there is some internal switch that has nothing to do with autosave that is triggered by ???

I love ACAD, but I really want to flog Autodesk for this version. This is what happens when greed dictates software releases. :(

Thanks for your input it helps to know someone out there cares.

I agree with Richard.Kent, this sounds a lot like 3rd party software.
Why not just turn autosave OFF and forget about it? (Set SAVETIME to 0).

Ryder76
2009-05-04, 06:16 PM
I agree with Richard.Kent, this sounds a lot like 3rd party software.
Why not just turn autosave OFF and forget about it? (Set SAVETIME to 0).

I'll try that and let you know - thanks.

Ryder76
2009-05-06, 01:11 PM
Well...I ran with autosave off all day yesterday. Didn't have any intermittant saves, so I guess there is a bug with the autosave feature in ACAD2009 - %$#^&#*@ Autodesk if it ain't broke don't fix it!!! OK I feel better now, but this is definitely a PIMA.

Thanks to those who tried to help.