PDA

View Full Version : Sections Doubling Back on themselves

RobG
2009-04-25, 12:04 AM
We have a building section with 2 dependants so that we can fit it on a sheet, however for some reason our section heads are doubling back on themselves. I've never seen it do this before, so I obviously missed something when it comes to dependant views and i just haven't known till now.

In the first image (named left) the section head clearly doubles back on itself
in the second image (named right) the section head doubles back on itself big time.

What's sort of missing here is that those are both from the same view, they are the two dependants. the "parent" of the view is the bottom line that starts on the left, jogs up and finishes at the right section head pointing downwards.

any info/help/guidance would be helpful/

thanks

Scott Womack
2009-04-27, 10:33 AM
Is the Section that is "doubling back on itself a completely straight section line, or did you "offset it so the section line "jogs" in the parent view?

RobG
2009-04-28, 08:48 PM
the parent has two jogs in it. but when i try to replicate the condition in a seperate file it still has the section head on the outside of it without it doubling back.

Scott Womack
2009-04-29, 10:12 AM
the parent has two jogs in it. but when i try to replicate the condition in a seperate file it still has the section head on the outside of it without it doubling back.

If the jog in the Section happens to fall within the area that you are "chopping" or clipping out of the view, then I have seen this behavior, especially if you created the section first, then "split" the middle out of the view.