PDA

View Full Version : RAC 2010_graphics display problems.

trombe
2009-04-26, 11:14 PM
Hi,
ahead of filing a support request, is anyone else having problems with their screen display where parts or all of a random type and number of dialogue boxes are disappearing.
For example, you open say the render dialogue and then most parts fade or just drop out leaving maybe one or two buttons, or part buttons ?

I am running NVidia Quadro FX1500 256Mb, with latest driver 182.46.
I was running with the 175.51 driver, and while it was perfect with Revit 2009 WU-3 , having not a single issue since 2009 WU-2, while trialling 2010, the program crashed 5 times within about 2 and a bit hours.
So I updated the driver as you do.......but display performance is bad enough alone not to warrant switching any more than the one project to 2010, as its just too risky with the various problems 2010 seems to have.

anyone with other display issues ? thanks
trombe

mcaddc
2009-04-27, 02:33 AM
Hi Trombe,

Have you enabled Direct 3D Hardware acceleration under your Graphics options? I daresay that may be your culprit.

Ross.

trombe
2009-04-27, 04:57 AM
Hi,

yes, I enabled it before and after the video driver upgrade.
Will turn it off and try that , however, if, it works without Direct X acelleration enabled, won't that prevent having any graphics acceleration ? (and so graphics performance will suffer a lot ? ? ?)

Do you know how this is all supposed to work ? (Direct X interrelated with / versus Open GL).
cheers
trombe

ws
2009-04-27, 07:41 AM
Although most problems reported here seem to affect Nvidia card users I've also noticed that zooming in and out of a 3D view causes parts of the model to temporarily go missing - that's with an Ati FireGL V5600 on Vista 64 on quad core i7.

Direct3D is Microsoft's alternative to OpenGL - both offer hardware acceleration of graphic functions.
They do not operate in quite the same way but as far as us users are concerned it should offer improved graphic performance.

There is a comparison here if you really want to know more detail ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_OpenGL_and_Direct3D

need4mospd
2009-05-05, 04:31 PM
I'm having this exact same issue with my FX1700. I turned off Direct3D and it seems to function MUCH MUCH faster in 2D mode, though 3D with shadows is not usable without Direct3D on. Not sure what to do here....