PDA

View Full Version : Annotating Stairs

BDR_Architect
2009-04-27, 01:11 PM
Has anyone made (successfully) a tag for a stair that you can annotate the number of risers and the riser height in the tag? Any sugguestions or tips?

mbalsom
2009-04-27, 01:44 PM
Try this one .Comes standard with Revit Australian family content in Annotation / Tags / architectual folder.

BDR_Architect
2009-04-27, 01:55 PM
Try this one .Comes standard with Revit Australian family content in Annotation / Tags / architectual folder.

mbalsom,

Oops!... I guess it's in the US version, too. I just couldn't find it. Thanks!

BDR_Architect
2009-04-27, 02:17 PM
I guess my next question is.... is there a way to tag each run of stairs between landings rather than all at once?

Scott Womack
2009-04-27, 03:46 PM
I don't believe there is, unless you model them separately. I wish we could tag the number of treads, and their length as well.

DoTheBIM
2009-04-28, 03:48 PM
There's a lot about stairs I wish we could do. We can't even use the number of riser in tag or width as if you manually adjust the sketch lines in a stair run, it reports the original width anyway, and sometimes we have cases where we adjust the bottom riser for floor coverings, which throws the "typical" riser count off by one.

I have come to the conclusion that even if Autodesk finds the time to "enhance" the stair tool, It's likely not going to get us where we want to go with stairs.... So I see myself in the near future creating a custom stair object to do everything we need it to do.