PDA

View Full Version : Design Developement /Schematics

nsinha73
2009-04-28, 04:54 PM
One of our senior Architects says, Revit is not for early stages....takes too much time. Little projects such as Parking layouts, Relocatables do not require Revit at all.
Even Design Dev. and Schematics which is just a rough sketch pretty extensive to do in Revit.
What do you guys use or even if Revit, How can I achieve this DD and Schematics fast enough?
Please help....I do not want to use any other Software then Revit.......

bbeck
2009-04-28, 05:12 PM
Revit is great for parking layouts, schedule those stalls and design options.

We use Revit from Master Planning to Conformed Sets/As-Builts. Works great for master planning with masses and phasing. Love the project coordination with our Structural and Mechanical using Revit. Even on Portables/Relocatables, which are drawn by others, we still use Revit. For early schematic just don't over model, focus on area plans to lock in programming. I've created a bubble diagram family that allows our designers to easily create spacial relationships that then convert to masses then to walls-by-face all keeping area plans in place. Family changes from circle to square with area, length and width parameters. Great for schematics.

aaronrumple
2009-04-28, 09:54 PM
Pshaw.

I have a roll of buff around here - somewhere - where was it again? Revit is more than fast enough. Otherwise I could find that roll of buff.

brian104662
2009-04-28, 11:16 PM
We go from scribbles to Revit it's pleanty fast. I assume that the "senior" architect hasn't waded through the tutorials & training to apreciate it's flexibility.

We switched from drafting tables to autocad 5 years ago and revit 3 years ago. In the begining we got the same thing from the principle here but once he got into it we put a TV on the last drafting table.