PDA

View Full Version : Drafting View Cropping

nsinha73
2009-04-28, 05:30 PM
Attached is my drafting View......but the Extent of the Viewport is killing me....there is nothing there....but when we select an element....the Flip Controls and temp. Dimensions are there....
How would I bring them closer to the dwg origin?

Thanks

Scott Womack
2009-04-29, 10:03 AM
I have had the same issue. Is there a Line-Based Detail component in this view? These seem to be the culpret. Fore some reason, 2009 seems to "scale" the distance between the origin reference plan, and the distance to where the flip control is placed in the family. This is only the apparent behavior. You can try going into the family and placing the flip control directly on the origin reference plane, this has "sometimes" fixed the problem when this family is placed into a new project, but I have not found a fix when the issue has already occurred.

nsinha73
2009-04-29, 03:38 PM
Scott,
thats exactly whats happening.....but Even placing it directly over the Ref planes doesn't seem to help at all.
What about RAC2010....does it do the same?

Scott Womack
2009-04-29, 04:40 PM
No changes to 2010 with regards to families that has been published. I don't have the time to really drill down to test at this time. Maybe next week, since we are considering migrating my project from 2009 to 2010 to test the newer product.