PDA

View Full Version : New Detail Callout, How would this work?

zbubbas
2004-10-27, 05:59 PM
Our firm is transitioning over to Revit for all of our CD's (this makes me happy), however, I can't seam to make a detail callout that can work like a detail section but look like I have shown in the attached PDF file (not so happy anymore). How would I make a family that would serve as a structural column tag as well as a detail section cut. Also I am having trouble showing the header "Bearing" on the trimmers shown. They keep snapping to the sides of the posts. Thanks in advance for your help.

archjake
2004-10-27, 08:23 PM
I can't seam to make a detail callout that can work like a detail section but look like I have shown in the attached PDF file (not so happy anymore). How would I make a family that would serve as a structural column tag as well as a detail section cut.

For the detail callout, Make a custom Section head without an arrow. Load that into the project and make a section type with the new head, and without a tail. Then cut a section and draw up the detail, or just references a detail view.

To make a custom column tag, load up an existing one, make the modifications you require and load it into your project. Should work like a charm.

ford347
2007-06-04, 08:19 PM
I wanted to add to this. I am trying to create a structural tag that can be used for structural framing and columns. I would like the tag to be at 45deg., which I have done, but I want some other information in there which I have used shared parameters to accomplish. My problem with this is that is seems to be very in-flexible. First off, as mentioned in other threads as well, you cannot use the leader with the tag as it does not orient properly. So I've drawn a line in the tag family and am in the process of giving that line some constraints to be able to shorten or lengthen it as needed. But if I draw this tag say off to the right at 45 deg., You pretty much can't move the position from there. If you hit the space bar when placing it, then it will switch sides but flip everthing upside down, but yet remain readable.

Has anyone come up with a good tag to accomplish what my pictures have illustrated?

Thanks,
Josh

bowlingbrad
2007-06-04, 08:46 PM
You might need to make 4 different tags... TopRight, TopLeft, BotRight, BotLeft.

Bummer.

bowlingbrad
2007-06-04, 08:54 PM
I think you can do two families, a left and right. In the tag family put lables at a 45 with a line from the intersecting ref planes. Then use the spacebar to flip from top and bottom.