PDA

View Full Version : IE8 Windows Update and Revit 2009 64bit

ws
2009-04-29, 11:17 AM
Here's a funny thing.

After Windows Update installed IE8 today and then rebooting, on two Vista 64 machines Revit 2009 64 bit constantly crashed immediately on opening a project with an unrecoverable error message.

(Revit 2010 64 bit still ran fine though... :) :shock:)

After several further reboots and turning both machines off and on again... Revit 2009 64 bit works normally again.

Weird, but just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has this problem.

Gadget Man
2009-04-30, 05:56 AM
Do you mean starting a project (or family for that matter, or even a new template) using the first screen with all the recent files listed?

Because since some time ago it's been happening to me. I can't use this screen anymore for anything. I have to close it and open any file using the old-fashioned method File->Open->etc... Otherwise, each time I click on one of the icons there (any one) Revit crashes with an un-recoverable error. Funny enough, all the icons show the latest (updated) thumbnails of their corresponding files.

I have sent numerous (automatic) reports to Autodesk but I haven't heard from them anything (surprise, surprise... yeah...)

I haven't connected it with anything happening on my computer but now that you mention it, I am not so sure if it didn't happen after IE8 update.

Revit 64bit on Vista Ultimate 64bit.

ws
2009-04-30, 07:49 AM
The recent files list in 2009 uses IE and crashes with IE8 installed on 64 bit installations.

Details in this thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=100328

I've just uninstalled IE8 from both my Vista 64 machines and Revit 2009 64 no longer crashes on clicking 'recent files'.

Gadget Man
2009-04-30, 07:59 AM
Thank you for taking your time to answer my question.

Yes, I read the other thread earlier and I am going to uninstall IE8... without regrets, to be honest...