PDA

View Full Version : Delete Linework?

tklein.208994
2009-04-29, 03:56 PM
How do you delete linework created w/ the linework tool? Once a line is placed, can you then reselect it to adjust its endpoints?

dfriesen
2009-04-29, 04:01 PM
To change the extent of the linework effect, click the line again with the linework tool with the same setting as first used, and the grips should appear, allowing you to shorten or lengthen it.

To change a line back to its "by Category" settings, set the linework tool to by Category and select the line again.

tklein.208994
2009-04-29, 04:05 PM
Thanks!!! REvit would be impossibel w/o this forum!

dfriesen
2009-04-29, 05:02 PM
AUGI forums is where I learned most of what I know! :beer:

Something I just discovered (or at least had confirmed) about the Linework tool is that it behaves differently with Cut lines or Projection lines. Cut lines can not have only part of the line affected - when you select a Cut line, say a wall in a floor plan, you don't get grips to adjust the extent of the line. Nor are you able to apply different line styles to different parts of the same edge, even if they're separated by, for instance, another wall intersecting a wall in plan.

I've run into that behaviour before, but didn't understand it - now I've checked the Help file, and found that little tidbit.