PDA

View Full Version : RAC2010- Crashing with Family Upgrade Script

twiceroadsfool
2009-04-29, 07:03 PM
Im not sure whats causing it exactly, but if someone can verify that its working from them, that would be great.

My Revit 2010 hasnt been activated yet (IT guy is waiting for the discs to arrive), so the dialogue pops up asking if you want to run or activate. I WOULD HAVE expected this to terminate the journal, but if lets me click run, then it goes to open the first family... But then it has an Unrecovered Error and has to close the program.

In the past, if it was an unexpected prompt, wouldnt it just terminate the journal?

Also, as dangerous as this sounds... Is there a way to add a couple of lines of text to these (both the bat for producing the famlist) and the journal (for upgrading) to include RVT's in the directory and subdirectories? A lot of our content is stored in Assembly Files, which are projects saved to groups. I dont mind doing them by hand, but im sure it can be included here...

davidcobi
2009-04-29, 10:48 PM
I was having trouble with the family upgrade utility for 2010 also so I create one of my own.
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=65021&page=3

gordolake
2009-04-29, 11:07 PM
Same problem here from update script from install DVD. Will try dduarte's script fix and report back.

steve

ps. Just tried alternative script above and revit still exits with unrecoverable error ???