PDA

View Full Version : 2010 UI best workarounds?

sgoodmansen
2009-04-29, 11:56 PM
OK, so I'm curious how people are setting up their UI in Revit 2010. Tell me what you put on the QAT and what you choose to rip off of the ribbon.

On my QAT, I added 3D View, Measure, Thin Lines, and close Hidden windows.

I ripped the Edit toolbar out of Modify and I undocked the Project Navigator and resized it, so I could fit the Edit Toolbar over it.

Scott Womack
2009-04-30, 10:26 AM
Dimension, Change view, Close all views, and create a Section/Detail mark

patricks
2009-04-30, 01:03 PM
I have added the Measure tool, change view windows, thin lines, and the worksets pull-down to my QAT.

tomnewsom
2009-04-30, 01:25 PM
I have added the Measure tool, change view windows, thin lines, and the worksets pull-down to my QAT.
ditto, although I've pulled the worksets tab off now to put on my 2nd screen, which I think is better (more controls there). I'm sure there's other tabs I could be tearing off too, but haven't given it much thought yet.

tomnewsom
2009-04-30, 01:28 PM
ditto, although I've pulled the worksets tab off now to put on my 2nd screen, which I think is better (more controls there). I'm sure there's other tabs I could be tearing off too, but haven't given it much thought yet.
wtf!

my torn-off tabs have disappeared! how do I get them back?!

btrusty
2009-04-30, 01:53 PM
you can put 90% of stuff on the QAT
then hide the ribbon entirely

dont forget you can still do 2 character shortcuts
as well as ALT+# or ALT+## (though they are somewhat stupid as it would take more keystrokes to get to something within the ribbon rather than the using the regular shortcut or what you would have done before)

patricks
2009-04-30, 05:05 PM
wtf!

my torn-off tabs have disappeared! how do I get them back?!

Did you close and re-open the program? I know the Project Browser will stick where you put it, but do torn-off tool bars not stay?

dbaldacchino
2009-04-30, 07:18 PM
From a post on Revit Clinic (http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/04/revit-2010-ui.html):

To reset the ribbon and Quick Access toolbar:

Rename or delete the UIState.dat file located in the Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010 folder under one of the following folders:
For Windows XP:

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010
For Windows Vista:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010To reset your project browser to the default location:

Using the Windows Registry editor, rename the following registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010\Components\PanelsThese steps also work for Revit Structure and Revit MEP (just replace the word Architecture in the paths with Strucure or MEP and you wil be all set.

sgoodmansen
2009-04-30, 08:21 PM
Did you close and re-open the program? I know the Project Browser will stick where you put it, but do torn-off tool bars not stay?

My torn off ribbon stays put.

sgoodmansen
2009-04-30, 08:32 PM
FWIW I just noticed my layout strategy was flawed when I went into a schedule and it was covered up by the PN and torn off ribbon. Guess i'll stick the torn off ribbon onto my 2nd monitor instead.

tomnewsom
2009-05-01, 09:13 AM
Luckily, having found a reproducible method for crashing revit, I just crashed it and restarted so it wouldn't save my UI :)