PDA

View Full Version : UI Graphics Issue

jlinger
2009-04-30, 02:32 PM
Whenever I select something, the options bar copies itself down a row, forcing the entire draw area to adjust itself. When I copy the object somewhere the option bar TRIPLES and does the same thing. In some commands I’ve had as many as 5 options bars. If I simply hit the escape key the Options bar copies itself down. The drawing area has to redraw itself every time, flash, adjust, redraw. Mine is the only machine that does this. I’ve changed the version of my driver, turned hardware acceleration on and off. It happens no matter what. I’m running XP 32-bit Service Pack 3 with a Quadro FX 3500 current driver version 182.08. I actually backed up to this version because another computer in the office was running this one just fine, albeit on XP 64-bit Service Pack 2. So while I’m trying to wrangle with the subscription center for a service request, I’d thought I’d appeal to the augi gods for help. Personally, I’ve got more faith in you guys right now anyway.

jlinger
2009-04-30, 03:57 PM
This is only an issue if the options bar is docked at the top. If it is docked at the bottom it is fine. Which is where it will stay for now I guess. Also, I upgraded the driver to the same one someone was using successfully in another thread and not only do I still have the same issue, I have two permanent options bars at the top. (still only one at the bottom)

Rick Moore
2009-04-30, 04:05 PM
I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago. What made it worse is the item selected actually moved in the file while the options bar acted stupid. I could dock the option bar at the bottom and it worked correctly. I fixed it by re-docking the Project Browser back to the main screen. I then moved it back to second monitor and the weird behavior didn't return.

jlinger
2009-04-30, 05:06 PM
That did it. Redock the project browser, restart Revit, undock the browser and it is fine. Thanks! One less headache for the week.

tys90
2009-10-07, 04:27 PM
That did it. Redock the project browser, restart Revit, undock the browser and it is fine. Thanks! One less headache for the week.
Just had this problem today and thought I was going to go crazy with all the redrawing of the option bar but the solution posted here works, thanks!

patricks
2009-10-07, 06:57 PM
This is a documented issue, and turning off Press & Drag will prevent any objects being moved when this happens. Not sure if the latest update fixes any of it.

brethomp
2009-10-07, 08:27 PM
This is a documented issue, and turning off Press & Drag will prevent any objects being moved when this happens. Not sure if the latest update fixes any of it.Not fixed in UR2.

gbrowne
2009-10-08, 12:41 PM
Anybody noticed the viewport scale text screwing up as well? If you change the scale it doesn't update cleanly, but kind of displays both at the bottom left of the screen. Not a massive problem, but still annoying.

tys90
2009-10-08, 03:01 PM
This is a documented issue, and turning off Press & Drag will prevent any objects being moved when this happens. Not sure if the latest update fixes any of it.
Press and Drag had no effect on the redrawing of the bar for me oddly enough. I did see that solution in another thread though.

patricks
2009-10-08, 04:12 PM
Press and Drag had no effect on the redrawing of the bar for me oddly enough. I did see that solution in another thread though.

It's not documented as doing anything for the actual issue. It only prevents the effects of what the issue causes - which is objects getting moved when something is selected and the Options Bar starts duplicating.

DaveP
2009-10-08, 04:22 PM
Anybody noticed the viewport scale text screwing up as well? If you change the scale it doesn't update cleanly, but kind of displays both at the bottom left of the screen. Not a massive problem, but still annoying.
It's working correctly for me. I seem to remember that the scale problem was fixed in WU1. I've got WU2 installed, so I'm not sure which one fixed it.

The Press and Drag change doesn't fix the jumpy ribbon problem. It just makes it so that you don't accidentally move things when it does get jumpy.

DaveP
2009-10-09, 06:09 PM
This is only an issue if the options bar is docked at the top. If it is docked at the bottom it is fine. Which is where it will stay for now I guess. Also, I upgraded the driver to the same one someone was using successfully in another thread and not only do I still have the same issue, I have two permanent options bars at the top. (still only one at the bottom)

Just had someone try this, and here's what happend to him:
Hahahahahahah Now with the options bar at the bottom. The bottom of my screen jumps all over…..

patricks
2009-10-26, 07:40 PM
Still happens with SP3? (Subscription Advantage Pack) installed.

brethomp
2009-10-26, 09:33 PM
Still happens with SP3? (Subscription Advantage Pack) installed. Yep, I notified Subscription Support, and they replied back that they are still working on this bug.

twaldock
2009-10-26, 10:44 PM
Same thing happened to us (SP2). Unchecking "press and drag" only stopped Revit objects from moving, but option bar still jumped causing a redraw. It was on one of the few dual monitor setups we have.

Deleting the Revit.ini file seemed to solve it.

jamesgchambers
2009-10-27, 12:32 PM
Had a similar issue with a secondary monitor in 2009, haven't noticed it in 2010. I was able to "resolve" it by making the monitor I use for Revit my primary monitor. I've seen this several places around the office and it seems to be always when people are using Revit on a secondary monitor.

Maybe I just got lucky...

jwagner.129804
2010-03-24, 08:24 PM
I just had this issue and it was fixed by docking the browser, restarting Revit and undocking the browser again.

Thanks guys, I was seriously thinking about changing careers...it was that annoying!

trombe
2010-03-24, 08:40 PM

Hi,
do you mean the QAT - quick access toolbar ?
Actually , there would seem to have been no rhyme or reason for this behaviour because if you look back over the last year since 2010 came out, you can see that some people had massive and on going crash and freezing problems no matter what video driver they tried, until they moved the QAT either to the top or to the bottom.
For some, it made things stable at the top others at the bottom. This issue also spanned XP, XP Pro (32 bit and x64), Vista (32 bit and x64). I don't think Win 7 is so relevant here as to the time it took for the factory to get to SP2 and I think it was by then that things got sorted.
It also seemed to ignore video card branding and both ATI cards and NVidia cards were affected (not only cheap ones nor top end FireGel or Quadro cards) as were laptops and workstation / desktops. There were some successes and some people even never had a single problem, however having this now seems unusual.

Assume you have - latest vide card driver, tried several backwards versions maybe, checked (device settings ?).
trombe

jlinger
2010-03-31, 07:44 PM
I was referring to the Options Bar that exists below the Ribbon. The horizontal area where you check 'multiple' or 'constrain' when you are copying something. That whole piece was replicating itself over and again. I had this issue again briefly a while ago, but the above 'fix' took care of it.