PDA

View Full Version : Where is "Select Previous" command in 2010?

dannycerezo
2009-05-01, 12:29 AM
I can't find it y'all. Please don't tell me this was taken out.

jeffh
2009-05-01, 12:39 AM
Rgt-click > select previous

dannycerezo
2009-05-01, 04:56 AM
Got it. Thanks.

mmiles
2009-05-01, 10:41 PM
or, 'ctrl' + Left arrow key

Chad Smith
2009-05-02, 02:06 AM
or, 'ctrl' + Left arrow key
The problem with this is that is only works some of the time depending on how you operate.
If you deselect via the mouse then no problems. But if you deselect via the ESC key it doesn't. I wish that the CTRL+Left Arrow worked properly. I would have thought getting some consistency with existing UI functions would be more important than creating a new UI :roll:.

mmiles
2009-05-05, 06:52 PM
The problem with this is that is only works some of the time depending on how you operate.
If you deselect via the mouse then no problems. But if you deselect via the ESC key it doesn't. I wish that the CTRL+Left Arrow worked properly. I would have thought getting some consistency with existing UI functions would be more important than creating a new UI :roll:.

There seems to be a difference between hitting ESC once to cancel, versus hitting ESC twice. If pressed only once, the select previous is available (either using right click, or CTRL+Left Arrow). If pressed twice - there is no option for selecting previous available with either method.

Scott Hopkins
2009-05-06, 05:53 AM

This has bothered me for years and years. It really needs to fixed.

Chad Smith
2009-05-06, 06:06 AM
If pressed only once, the select previous is available (either using right click, or CTRL+Left Arrow).
I can't say that I get this behaviour. Hitting ESC no matter how many times, does nothing for being able to Select Previous. This is just another example of the long standing existing issues with incomplete tools that need addressing, not a new UI.

m.augi
2009-07-29, 06:37 PM
Ahh so thats the secret ESC ESC = no select previous. I take how hard would it be to fix something this simple issue.
I was going to say was there a select previous command before as it worked inconsistently.

They just release the update 1 to 2010 and they still have not fixed this simple issue.