PDA

View Full Version : legend questions

sfaust
2004-10-27, 11:41 PM
3 things on legends (which are great by the way).

1 - I can't seem to get the "host length" to be anything less than 3' for walls without going into the element properties dialog. The options bar doesn't seem to want to change. I type in something else and it just goes back to 3'. Anyone else seeing this?

2 - I would like to show the walls in the wall type legend with their proper wall tags in order to denote how they would be called out on plan. Is this possible with the "Legend Components"? Or is there another way to make sure that the label is attached to the type parameter of the wall?

3 - Can you dimension things in a Legend view? I need to dimension door and window elevations (I think this is pretty standard practice) but it doesn't seem to let me dimension the legend components.

Scott D Davis
2004-10-28, 02:37 AM
3 - Can you dimension things in a Legend view? I need to dimension door and window elevations (I think this is pretty standard practice) but it doesn't seem to let me dimension the legend components.
Also, callouts. we like to put legends on our door and window schedules, and have detail callouts for head/jamb/sill right on the legend view. (only call them out once!) Easy to reference this way. If one door is installed in multiple wall types, we just add another detail bubble, and call out the condition, i.e.: 1/A8.1 CMU, 2/A8.1 STUD. This way the contractor knows that the same door goes in two different wall conditions just by looking at the schedule legend.

mmodernc
2004-12-16, 01:54 AM
How do you show a demolished wall or an existinhg wall. Legends are supposed to accomodate phasing but I cannot see how to do it.

papurajx
2004-12-16, 10:47 AM
3 things on legends (which are great by the way).

1 - I can't seem to get the "host length" to be anything less than 3' for walls without going into the element properties dialog. The options bar doesn't seem to want to change. I type in something else and it just goes back to 3'. Anyone else seeing this?

2 - I would like to show the walls in the wall type legend with their proper wall tags in order to denote how they would be called out on plan. Is this possible with the "Legend Components"? Or is there another way to make sure that the label is attached to the type parameter of the wall?

The answer to all the three questions - No, No, No

It has to added to the Wishlist for the next version.....

beegee
2004-12-16, 09:26 PM
How do you show a demolished wall or an existinhg wall. Legends are supposed to accomodate phasing but I cannot see how to do it.Help implies that this can be done -

< Phasing: Shows a section of wall drawn with a selected graphic override and identifying text.
If so, I can't see how.

I'm guessing that this feature, as with dimensioning legend elements, did not make the cut for 7.0, and since it hasn't surfaced in later builds, its probably going to be in 8.0 now.

beegee
2004-12-16, 09:29 PM
The current work-around is to place reference planes or detail lines and dimension to those.

mmodernc
2004-12-16, 09:36 PM
Thanks beegee
any suggested workarounds-at present I am using keynotes to nominate wall types on my drawings. Councils are getting especially fussy about what was there before.

beegee
2004-12-16, 09:43 PM
You could place sections of existing, demolished and new walls, with the phase setting of the view set to "show all" , save out a jpg of the image, delete the walls, import the jpg into a drafting view and use that for the phase legend.

Thanks beegee
any suggested workarounds-at present I am using keynotes to nominate wall types on my drawings. Councils are getting especially fussy about what was there before.

mmodernc
2004-12-17, 05:33 AM
Or you could put two samples of say the same brick wall family on the legend and put a filled region, with the hatching set for demolished, temporary etc in your phase override settings, over the phased wall.

photography67836
2005-01-25, 06:18 PM

These items seem fairly integral to the way a legend is drawn, at least in our firm. I think others would agree. A new build to include them would be greatly appreciated - as we are trying to figure out work-arounds for items 2 & 3 right now.

Thanks,

hdjohnson
2005-01-25, 08:44 PM
I would also liek to be able to control the size of the objects in the Legend.

gbrowne
2005-01-25, 10:09 PM
I wold like to see a specific key plan legend view, which updates with the project.

jarod.tulanowski
2005-02-11, 09:27 PM
One more wish list on my part, is to be able to control the on/off capabilities in a legend. for example we have a door type, that has an on off capability for kick plates, peepholes, etc... right now the only way to show these in a legend, is to place the door in a dummy wall and change the options on or off. then place that door type in the legend. unfortunately everytime you modify the door and reload it into the project, the door goes bye-bye. Legends seem to be a great idea but for right now they just cause problems. I hope someone is listening to all of us on these