PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Text Command has been butchered.

nigeld
2009-05-02, 03:15 AM
I try to type in the diameter symbol or the degrees symbol when using the text command. (Using the default arial font: Alt+0176 for degree symbol, Alt+0216 for diameter symbol.)
The special charachter doesn’t stick, and sometimes the “keytips” on the ribbon are enabled because of using the “alt” key. Sometimes I see an asian odd charachter in the text string being edited, but it doesnt stick anyway. I could easily type the diameter symbol into a text object in 2009, and it was quick.
I can cut and paste the character from windows character map utilty but that is way too slow. This is really bad autodesk. I am not happy.
Same behavior from two different machines here.
Can anyone else confirm?

dbaldacchino
2009-05-02, 03:35 AM
Yes, known issue unfortunately. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the first web update, so you're looking 2-3 months at least.

nigeld
2009-05-02, 03:44 AM
Thanks Dave.
2010 is slowly driving me crazy. It is not yet suitable for "production" work. I probably will go back to 2009 until autodesk gets their act together.

Joef
2009-05-02, 05:57 AM
I have had this same issue crop up in AutoCAD, and I think it has to do with tool tips. There is a workaround so I don't think Adesk sees it as a problem. It is definitely known.

Chad Smith
2009-05-13, 10:32 PM
I know it's not the most convenient way, but you can still use Windows Character Map to copy those characters into Revit.

Chad Smith
2009-05-14, 12:14 AM
That's cool. Was just addressing your comment that you "can't place" those characters.
I do agree that this functionality has been lost, but it's not entirely absent. Not a big issue for me, but I do share the same functionality pain in others aspects of 2010.

Joef
2009-05-14, 03:11 AM
I think it is particularly slack of Autodesk not to list this in the "known issues" document. This was discovered in Beta and left unresolved in the final release. Now each user will have to discover this flaw (unless they come here first) and try to guess what they are doing wrong. More time wasted.

Joef
2009-05-14, 03:22 AM
Also, Imagine you are working away and something in Revit isn't operating the way you think it should. You decide to check to see if the problem is a "Known Issue". Good luck finding the document. This should be part of the help file. It isn't. Here it is just to save you the time:

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/rac2010_known_issues.pdf