PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Send to Back? Bug...

scowsert
2009-05-04, 04:46 PM
I'm not able to get the Send to Back function to work with DWG files in 2010. Anyone else experience this?

dfriesen
2009-05-04, 06:17 PM
Works fine, as expected here. Just to confirm, did you link the dwg to "current view only"? If not, the 'foreground/background' setting will not be available.

scowsert
2009-05-05, 02:23 AM
Works fine, as expected here. Just to confirm, did you link the dwg to "current view only"? If not, the 'foreground/background' setting will not be available.

Yes it's linked as current view only. I should clarify I can't get it to come forward not backward as I originally stated.

scowsert
2009-05-12, 05:02 PM
Talk about not obvious. Well it should have been. I was selecting Bring to the Front (big button right in my face), not the Background drop box (little grey camouflaged button below). I had to fire up 2009 before that little tidbit tripped in my head. Shouldn't Bring to the Front do the same thing? Yes it looks obvious in this screen grab.

Anyhow maybe this will help some one in the future.

So far I'm not really 'feeling' the whole 2010ui thing. My little elf is always rearranging my tools for me. "Didn't I put my socket wrench down right there? Where did it go? Oh its over there now, thanks I think."

ws
2009-05-12, 05:07 PM
I was doing the same thing with imported bitmap details today.

I found the background/foreground option in the bitmap Properties - didn't realise it appeared on the toolbar, thanks.

Bring to the front etc would seem to apply to foreground and background separately?