PDA

View Full Version : Archicad to Revit

jameseustace
2009-05-04, 06:19 PM
Can archicad files be used with Revit and keep all the information?

twiceroadsfool
2009-05-04, 06:21 PM
Short answer: Nope...

jameseustace
2009-05-04, 08:05 PM
Yeah I kinda figured, that would make things way to easy. Thanks.

m.knutsson714642
2009-05-07, 02:24 PM
Can archicad files be used with Revit and keep all the information?

Most of the model (if not all) comes in to Revit real nice with IFC. ArchiCAD Curtain Wall and structures made with complex profiles are exceptions since there are no equal tools in Revit.
A normal building would come pretty intact. Even layered structures (composite wall, slab, roof in AC) works either way.
I got an .rvt-model of a villa and since all composites translated I could use them straight away. It was pretty cool.

IFC 2x4 will be even better than current 2x3.

Of course it's not 100% but most often good enough. Check other threads. Ramböll in Norway for example work successfully with both programs (ArchiCAD and RAS).

Cheers,
Mats

twiceroadsfool
2009-05-07, 02:41 PM
Id be really interested to see that file. It maintains its editabilities in terms of Doors, types, parameters? Walls know they are walls and can be edited?

Im aware that with IFC you can get the geometry in, but i didnt know of a translation that maintained a semblance of editability. Ive been working on IFC from Bentley, and its great for coordination, but we couldnt work on a Model together in both programs, its just not aligned well enough...