PDA

View Full Version : 2010 crashing

johnf.77896
2009-05-04, 07:51 PM
I have had my 2010 working fine until today, now when it gets to the open page and I try to open a file it crashes, has this happened to anyone else? no graphics acceleration. uninstalled and reinstalled still doesnt work. I need help, cant get either of my Revits to work.

Thanks
John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

Paul Monsef
2009-05-04, 08:02 PM
I have had my 2010 working fine until today, now when it gets to the open page and I try to open a file it crashes, has this happened to anyone else? no graphics acceleration. uninstalled and reinstalled still doesnt work. I need help, cant get either of my Revits to work.

Thanks
John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.
I've been experiencing some crashing in 2010. Seems to be when I select a component, edit a group or open certain views... This happens when graphics acceleration is on and off.

File a support request and mark it as critical!

johnf.77896
2009-05-04, 08:15 PM
did that, thanks Paul.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

FWSchreck
2009-05-04, 09:10 PM
If you are running the 64-bit version of Revit, there is an issue with it crashing when you try to launch a projet from the start up screen if Internet Explorer 8 is also installed on your system.

Reverting back to IE7 resolves the problem.

johnf.77896
2009-05-04, 09:21 PM
running 32 bit revit and vista

gzlps
2009-05-05, 12:54 AM
Sometimes, when you open the project again, Revit crash, you can rename the project to different name, then open it, it will work.
Or, you can create one new project, then open the last project, it work.
It's very confusing, mabye it is Revit problem.

trombe
2009-05-05, 10:41 AM
You,
are not alone !
I spent 5 days until last night (Monday May 04) trailing / testing with a live project and generated a sheaf of error reports (probably well more than 15) as Revit crashed every 15-25 minutes.
I have tried with and without acceleration, makes no difference - shadows on or off same thing.
It is happening in the Family Editor (solid form - extrusions, and sweeps, void sweeps, void extrusions, edit / paste / trim / import CAD file, you name it, Revit can crash it.
The project environment is only marginally more stable.

I thought about calling a project "The Recovery" in memory of this phase of 2010. I have never had so many crashes and the only thing to rival it was last year during the Revit 2009 and WU-1 and WU-2 update cycle (when WU-2 fixed the video / memory / graphics issues). It is quite extraordinary.

I have also wondered about the post elsewhere on the forum..memory leakage.
Revit 2010 seems to slow down a bit after a while.
Rendering has been OK though..it has not crashed during set up and rendering..yet
Revit 2009 is super stable and reliable.

trombe

BomberAIA
2009-05-05, 11:32 AM
Autodesk messed with Revit. I knew they would screw it up. Autocad 13 crashed all the time. I lost a ton of money when 13 corrupted the file every time it crashed. I hate the ribbon by the way. I like Revit the way it was. My last crash happened when I inserted an image when I tried to print it to a PDF. The work around was to insert the image in a draft view.

btrusty
2009-05-05, 01:06 PM
wonder if this is similar to my problem...

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=970672#post970672

it would just crash when i opened a new template from the 'recent menu'
then i tried loading the same thing from the A icon, new, template and got the wierd error about cpp...

johnf.77896
2009-05-11, 08:32 PM
Update, unistalled again, cleaned registry and reinstalled making sure that all virus scan was off and now it seems to be working fine. made sure that my 2009 was functioning first before reinstalling.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

nigeld
2009-05-11, 08:44 PM
I found that a reinstall after disabling my antivirus-suite did help markedly.

Exar Kun
2009-05-11, 11:55 PM
We're having lots of crashing in 2010. Files are becoming very laggy to pan, select, zoom etc and then crash. Memory usage is way up on '09 for us. I started a couple of new projects in 2010 which is a shame as I wish I could get them back to '09 now - my fault, I should have known better than to use a new release straight away. I just hope an update isn't too many months away.

trombe
2009-05-12, 10:17 AM
I found that a reinstall after disabling my antivirus-suite did help markedly.

Same problem here still.
I have done same as you with a complete un-install of the web download and installation of the factory DVD version of the same build.
This has made a significant improvement , and the program is now usable (yay) but it still crashes inside the family editor environment and the project environment.
Also with 3D Direct ON now after testing the new install with it OFF, navigation of the model and camera views are improved, fast and smooth.
Hope that WU-1 comes soon.
trombe

tomnewsom
2009-05-12, 11:27 AM
1418_LOCAL_TOM(Recovery)(Recovery)(Recovery)(Recovery)(Recovery)(Recovery)(Recovery)(Recovery).rvt :(

sbrown
2009-05-12, 12:50 PM
Are you guys filing support requests and sending in your files and journals? they need real data to fix this release. I haven't used 2010 in production so I'm not getting the crashes you are. I've just been upgrading files and doing some renderings without issue.

Good luck.

tomnewsom
2009-05-12, 02:00 PM
Is that a different process to the 'send report' dialog that pops up after a crash? I always do that...

johnf.77896
2009-05-12, 04:36 PM
sbrown, I always send in the report.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

jason.b
2009-05-12, 04:38 PM
I'm having similar issues. I have had 2010 crash on me 3 times in the last 2 days. Each time it was in the middle of a command, locked up, and then restarted my computer without any warning. I am leaning toward it being some kind of memory issue. It is almost as though the command overtaxes the computer's memory and then shuts it down. I have been running the 3GB Switch. I have never had any problems like this with 2009. I am wondering if 2010 is taxing the memory more? I just put in a support request with the journal after it crashed. I hope they come up with a fix soon. This is making production very difficult.