PDA

View Full Version : Furniture schedule

aliya14
2004-10-28, 08:43 AM
Hello,
Can i get a schedule of a particular furniture for eg a desk i want to schedule each and every material as well as the quantity used for creating the desk with the sizes ie: the side ply/top ply/ btc/ handles ,ply for drawers etc.
Regards,
Aliya

beegee
2004-10-28, 08:54 AM
Its not a simple thing to get that level of schedule information.

You would need to export the file to ODBC , then use a database programe to query the exported file.

Its basically the same process that a cost estimate would use, however in this case, it depends how the desk family is defined when it was built.

There are experts at Autodesk and in these forums who can give you more detailed information, and you can search " ODBC " for more information.

hand471037
2004-10-28, 03:50 PM
If you 'built' the desk using nested family parts you could schedule this kind of information. With the new nested family parameter controls within Revit 7 it would work even better. However, building your desk family would be fairly complex for each part you want schedule information about would have to be a sepirate little family, all joined together within the larger desk family. Some careful thought and you'll be fine, just go through the nested family & family tutorials and then come back here with questions. ;)

aliya14
2004-11-04, 07:28 AM
Hello,
Could u please tell me if i have to create a schedule of furniture specifying each material of a furniture.with its rate per sqft .u told me earlier scheduling of the furnitures is possible in revit 7 using nested family parameters. could u please explain how to go about doing it.
Regards,
Aliya

Mod Edit: This post merged with original thread.