PDA

View Full Version : Project Setting Parameter Creation

cjcarch
2009-05-05, 12:58 AM
I'm in the process of trying to work my way through the Custom Titleblock tutorials and I've gotten things pretty much the way I want them, with one exception.

In the Project Information in the Settings category, there is a setting for Project Address, which contains 3 lines of text and also contains an "Edit" button which obviously allows for editing the project address.

On my titleblocks (in my previous Autocad days), I have a section of 4 lines of text in the title block in which I identify the Owner and his/her address.

Is there a somewhat easy (hah!) way to create this new Project Information setting to show what I want to show? I've gone through some of the Revit manuals and to be honest, I've got limited experience in creating or setting up parameters.

Any advice, or can someone point me to a tutorial that might show how this is done?
Thanks,
Carl

iankids
2009-05-05, 01:22 AM
Hi Carl,

Welcome to the forums.

Assuming you are using 2009 or earlier, under the setting drop down menu is the project information in which one can enter the info for your project.

As it sits with mine, the ootb element properties has the following listed under other:

project issue date
project status
Client name
project address
project name
project number

Thus, I would input the clients name in the appropriate area and the address etc likewise.

When creating a new title block, I would use one of the ones which ship with Revit and amend it to make it look as I want. That way, until you get comfortable feeling your way around, it is simply a matter of locating those elements where you want them on the page & providing a jpg or whatever for your logo.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Ian

cjcarch
2009-05-05, 03:20 AM
Ian,
Thanks for your help and advice.

I've seen the project address settings and client name settings and have learned how to fill them out so that they appear on my sheets in the areas that I want them to appear.

What I'm looking for is to be able to have a setting that has 4 lines of text:
1) Client Name
2) Client Street Address
3) City, State, Zip
4) Client contact Phone number

The reason I want to include this is that most of my clients are builder developers and if I put their contact information on the titleblock, then most of the subs will have the info to contact the builder.

That being said, is there a way to have all 4 lines of text included in the client name label? I seem to be able to get only one line of text in the label. Maybe I'm missing something easy due to my lack of experience.
Thanks,
Carl

jgmartinez
2009-08-13, 02:27 PM
Even though you get one line of text, i believe you can resize the box in which the label is created by moving the controlling dots of the label box. that way all the text gets seperated.
so, it would appear in the field as: acme co some city some state, 12345

when the box is resized, it should look like
acme
some city some state, 12345