PDA

View Full Version : Texture Files Moved - 2009

amjones
2009-05-05, 03:19 PM
All,

<This is repost of an identical thread on the Rendering forum...I figured I would get more exposure here>

All of my texture files (on which many of my projects materials are based) need to be moved. I cannot find a way to get the new location to be recognized…even though Help states:

“Suppose you specify image files for rendering appearances and decals. When Revit Architecture needs to access the image file, first it looks in the location specified for the file, using the absolute path. If it cannot find the file in that location, Revit Architecture then searches the paths that you specify in this list, in the order in which the paths are listed.”

I am in Revit 2009.

I assume the ‘absolute path’ Help is referring to is the location from which I originally selected the image file from.

I have added the new location to the 'Additional Rendering Appearance Paths’ dialog in Options but even though the files are there I have to manually update the location of the file (in the material) for the thing to render properly. The image file names have not changed in the least. The new Additional Path I am specifying has only the images in them, no subfolders.

The real kick in the pants is that when I go to update the image location in the material it knows that I want to look in the new location specified in Alternate Paths. ACK!

What am I missing here...there has to be a solution to this.

Thanks,
Drew Jones

amjones
2009-05-08, 02:37 PM
All,

As discoverd in the other thread:

Well, it is as I feared....and it is totally unexceptable. It appears the Additonal Paths in the Help file is COMPLETELY WRONG AND OF NO USE. I call Bull ****. This functionalty needs to be brought back....end of story.

Thanks,
Drew

amjones
2009-05-08, 09:48 PM
All,

Just downloaded 2010 and the functioanlity works! Probelm solved. You are able to defien alternatate apperance file paths and if the material does not find what it is lookign for in the origianl location looks through those alterante paths to find the image file.

Fantastic!

Thanks,
DRew