PDA

View Full Version : Copy paste/ level?

kginty81
2009-05-05, 04:32 PM
Hello all,

I have been informed that we need to move everything from one level on a project to a new level. How do I do this- the main problem so far appears to be the elevations that are made.

Thanks

sthedens
2009-05-05, 04:58 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, so take my suggestions as that - suggestions.

Can you just change the elevation of your existing Level? For example, change 100'-0" to 120'-0". That would move everything associated with that level up 20'-0".

Another suggestion:
Select all model elements on the level, Copy to Clipboard, Paste Aligned - Select Level by Name.

aggockel50321
2009-05-05, 05:00 PM
Cut / paste, or take a back door route, rename/move the existing level to the new position, and then add a new empty level where the former resided, if need be. If your elevations contain linework or other detail stuff not constrained to model elements, you'd just have to move them the distance between the former and new level position.

SCShell
2009-05-05, 08:04 PM
Hey there,

Select everything you want moved. Copy. Then select "Edit>Paste Aligned>Level
or after you copy, go to the new level and then hit "Edit>Paste Aligned>Current View".

Hope that helps
Steve

kginty81
2009-05-06, 01:06 PM
The problem isnt copying and pasting the model/ annotation elements, but rather the annotation in the related elevations.