PDA

View Full Version : Outline of Demo Walls Showing in Rooms in New Construction Phase

cblackford
2009-05-05, 06:25 PM
I have a lot of walls that I demo'd in the "Existing" phase and everything has been working according to plan. However, I am now creating Rooms in the New Construction Phase and the outline of a few of the previously demo'd walls (not all of them) are showing up in the Room Area shapes. I know it is the old Demo'd walls because if I change my phase filter to include demo, the walls show up. Does anyone have any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong? See Attached Image:

ws
2009-05-05, 07:55 PM
I have used Demolition in the Existing Phase when I've mistakenly created everything in that phase, but normally I would Demolish from the New Construction Phase on alterations work.

Is there some benefit in demolishing in an Existing Phase rather than in a later Phase?

I have had elements like slabs refuse to disappear when Demolished even in New Construction Phase, in RAC 2009 but it was rare - in the end I just masked them out of the plan.

cblackford
2009-05-05, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the reply William. In this instance, it is a pretty small interior retrofit and we are really only showing demo on a few demo sheets and the rest as New Construction. So, it just kind of made sense since we really weren't using existing for anything else. I think I figured out what was causing the problem.. Someone had actually created a Phase called "demo" and when I merged that phase into existing 90% of the problem walls stopped appearing in the room areas. I switched to a demo view and selected the remaining walls that were still showing, and analyzed the properties and Room Bounding was toggled on in these remaining walls. When I toggled it off the problem went away for the remaining walls. So, I think we angered the Revit Gods with two things: 1) having a phase called Demo that only had Demo Walls in it. 2) Having Demo walls with "Room Bounding" toggled on.
Once I changed those two items, the Demo walls disappeared from my New Construction room shapes and all was right with the world.

ws
2009-05-05, 09:25 PM
Interesting.

Must remember to check that the next time it happens to me, thanks ;)