PDA

View Full Version : How to reopen a file in revit 6.1 from a 7.0 file

neb1998
2004-10-28, 02:24 PM
Is there any way to reopen a file that has been upgraded to 7 through the old 6.1 version?

The performance decrease from 6.1 to 7.0 is unacceptable for large projects, i need to know how to be able to transfer files back to 6.1. I still have 6.1 installed .

Autodesk has clearly demonstrated poor judgement in incorporating new features with no added speed benefits. AutoCad at least got quicker which each concurrent release instead of slower.

Revit 7 overall opinion - poor

SkiSouth
2004-10-28, 02:38 PM
. AutoCad at least got quicker which each concurrent release instead of slower.

You must be young and don't remember the degradation of Acad from R9 up until the recent release. Acad has just now gotten back to R9 speed.

As far as the conversion, no Revit is not backwards compatible (family changes etc.). If you still have your 61 backup files, simply rename one of those and you will have your 61 file.

PeterJ
2004-10-28, 03:30 PM
There are some issues in the new release which also affect speed. You may want to take a look through some of the recent posts to identify whether some of the options one can tick on or off might improve performance for you.

hand471037
2004-10-28, 03:45 PM
Revit 7 overall opinion - poor

I'd make certain it's not outdated drivers or improper OpenGL settings prior to saying something like that. I'm having no speed issues, have found R7 to be faster, and am very happy with the new features...

papurajx
2004-10-28, 11:53 PM
If you have not worked much on the upgraded project file in Revit 7.0, you can still open one of the the 'back-up file' created earlier using Revit 6.1 and save it over the current project file. The only things is that you will lose that little (painful) work you have done in Revit 7.0.