PDA

View Full Version : Books or tutorials...

adam_J
2009-05-06, 01:06 PM
Hello All,

I amlooking for some good books or tutorials (online, DVD, or hardcopy) for Revit. I have a book by Daniel John Stine (Residential Design Using Revit Architecture 2009) which is quite good, but I am always looking for more.

I am a Civil Engineer using the program for personal use to design a renovation project of a house I am considering purchasing.

Thanks for any info.

ws
2009-05-06, 02:28 PM
The 'Mastering Revit Architecture....' series is very good - the Sybex range, although Paul Aubin's similarly titled books are also good.

I learnt most from this forum and http://www.cadclips.com though.

Wilson_Jr
2009-05-07, 12:06 AM
I just bought the "Revit Architecture 2009 Advanced" DVD tutorial from CADlearning. Mr. Fox does a great job of explaining and demonstrating the tools. It is expensive, but did answer a lot of my questions.

Before the DVD I read "Mastering Revit Architecture 2009" by Tatjana Dzambazova and Eddy Krygiel. This book does a great job of explaining the basic fundamental tools and approach to using Revit.

iankids
2009-05-07, 03:34 AM
As with William, CadClips and this forum.

CadCips are great for getting you started without adopting bad practice, this forum is simply sensational for solving just about any sort of problem thereafter. (Even if the answer is - no you can't :-) )

Cheers,

Ian