PDA

View Full Version : authorizing 2009

johnf.77896
2009-05-07, 06:13 PM
I am trying to authorize my 2009 and it gives me a license status of [9.1.4] when the product athorization dialog box comes up and the only box that is checked is the "activate the product" the "run the product" is grayed out. So I click next and the "the parameter is incorrect" dialog box pops up.

Does anybody know what the [9.1.4] code means? or how I can get this to work?

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

johnf.77896
2009-05-07, 09:46 PM
Well, I noticed that there wasnt any
REVIT2009ENURegData.ini
REVIT2009ENURegEmail.xml
REVIT2009ENURegInfo.html
files on my computer so I copied them from my desktop and then the authorization would get to the activation code generation. Then I just needed to get a code from Autodesk and everything seems to be working.

Thanks
John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

kcox.142161
2009-06-04, 09:43 PM
It sounds like I am having a similar issue. Where are those files found and in what directory do I put them? Any help would be appreciated.

johnf.77896
2009-06-05, 07:45 PM
kcox, they are in the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\RAC 2009" directory. They should be the only 3 files in there not in a subdirectory.

hope this helps
John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

kcox.142161
2009-06-08, 03:56 PM
Thank you John. I guess my next question is...how do I obtain those 3 files and place them in said directory. As you can see those files are not there.

johnf.77896
2009-06-09, 01:33 PM
kcox, I was able to copy them from my old hard drive, I am not sure how to get them in there other than from another computer. Does anybody else have any suggestions?

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

CM1987
2009-09-20, 09:48 AM
Hey,

I'm having the same problem, but my desktop crashed so I'm not able to get the files from there. Is there any other way to get the files, or can someone link the files perhaps?
Also, I have Vista, so I don't have a 'documents and settings' folder as on XP, anyone know in which folder I've got to copy them then?

Thanks in advance,

Charlotte

alex_avila1982
2009-11-10, 05:17 AM
Thank you John. I guess my next question is...how do I obtain those 3 files and place them in said directory. As you can see those files are not there.

I dont know if you still need these files but I might be able to help you if you do... contact me if you do. We use Revit at work and I found those files and I know these files can help if you put your info in the files, serial number and registration code and stuff.

let me know!
AA

kayodeq
2009-11-12, 06:41 PM
I dont know if you still need these files but I might be able to help you if you do... contact me if you do. We use Revit at work and I found those files and I know these files can help if you put your info in the files, serial number and registration code and stuff.

let me know!
AA

Hey guys, new here. Im having the sam problem. alex_avila1982 is it possible to link me those files. Thanks it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh i run vista 32bit if you needed 2 know.

Thanks.

alex_avila1982
2009-11-12, 07:49 PM
Hey guys, new here. Im having the sam problem. alex_avila1982 is it possible to link me those files. Thanks it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh i run vista 32bit if you needed 2 know.

Thanks.

I attached a Zip file that has the 3 missing files you need, the HTML has the location where they should be placed on Windows Vista...

I changed some of the info like in the serial number and the authorization code. Just replace my info with yours in the right spots and save them to the right location and you should be ready to go.

You can use NotePad, Word or some kind of program like that to edit the files. I think is pretty self explanatory but if you have any problems let me know and I might be able to help you.

kayodeq
2009-11-12, 10:49 PM
I attached a Zip file that has the 3 missing files you need, the HTML has the location where they should be placed on Windows Vista...

I changed some of the info like in the serial number and the authorization code. Just replace my info with yours in the right spots and save them to the right location and you should be ready to go.

You can use NotePad, Word or some kind of program like that to edit the files. I think is pretty self explanatory but if you have any problems let me know and I might be able to help you.

Thanks alot for the quick response but unfortunately it didn't correct my problem. I still get "the parameter is incorrect".

fyi - i don't hav a serial number or authorization code to put into the file. its a fresh install and need to register it but not getting to do so.

alex_avila1982
2009-11-12, 11:06 PM
Thanks alot for the quick response but unfortunately it didn't correct my problem. I still get "the parameter is incorrect".

fyi - i don't hav a serial number or authorization code to put into the file. its a fresh install and need to register it but not getting to do so.

I believe you had to put a Serial Number(SN) for the installation, didnt' you?

I just thought of something else, delete my Activation Code and my Request Code... since they are not even real they might be causing some problems. Also, since you don't have a SN, just put something there to fill the spaces and to see if you can bypass the error messege.

After you bypass the error messege I guess you can get a real SN and a Request Code which will eventually give you the Activation Code.

Make sure you delete my Request Codes and Activation Codes everywhere you see it on all the files...

let me know what happens, good luck!

kayodeq
2009-11-16, 09:15 PM
Still not getting it to work but thanks though alex_avila1982. Really appreciate the help. Ended up getting 2010 and it registered fine so i will use that instead.

Thanks.

lord.aero
2010-03-21, 05:57 AM
i would like to thank all of you because i had the same problem i tried to fix it for the past month with no success seen this thread read it got the files from the install DVD tested it and it worked so i signed up to thank you all