PDA

View Full Version : LIGHTING - consistent white glow

prenaptparch
2009-05-07, 08:48 PM
i am dealing with a white, kalwall, semi-transparent roof and trying to get some good interior lighting so i get and even and white glow when i render an exterior view.
- first, i'm not getting clean, white panels without going to a totally solid material.
any ideas?
- second, all my lighting is spotty and yellow. it is a barrel shaped roof with curved beams as ribs.
any good lighting i can do along the curved beams?
many, many thanks.

cporter.207875
2009-05-07, 09:47 PM
You could place studio lights around the interior space. Modify the light source in the family so that you get the color temperature that you want. You'll have to play around with number and placement of lights, but it might work.

essochay
2009-08-05, 10:10 PM
I realize this post is kind of old but... How are you modifing the color temperature of the light source in the family? The only option I am getting in REVIT 2010 in the lighting family I want to change is this usless light source definition dialog. Can I adjust the light cone if I am using a Photometric Web distribution type? There has to be more adjustablilty in the lights in revit than this. If you can tell me what I am missing I sure would appreciate it.

Scott D Davis
2009-08-05, 10:34 PM
ICan I adjust the light cone if I am using a Photometric Web distribution type?.

If you use the photometric info (the IES file), then the light shape (cone), color, intensity, etc are set by the definition of the IES file to be accuruate for that particular light. So using the IES file, and also adjusting the light cone would really be counter-productive.

You can adjust the position and angle of the light cone parametrically. If you don't use the IES file, then you can pick the shape and light spread of the light, and adjust the color in the properties of that light. You can also adjust intial color by Temp in Kelvin, light loss factor, intensity, and apply a color filter.

attached is the Type Properties from a light from the 2010 catalog.

essochay
2009-08-06, 03:06 PM
Thanks Scott that was a huge help.