PDA

View Full Version : Revit terminology of ADT/ACAD Users

tjk0225
2004-10-28, 05:05 PM
We are starting phase 1 of an office wide training program next week and I would like to be able to review some Revit terminology relative to ADT/ACAD terms. For example, in AutoCAD you work with blocks and attributes, in Revit you work with families and parameters. I realize that there are differences between blocks and families, but I think making a connection to something that they are comfortable with will ease the transition. Since I have been full time on Revit since January, I'm having a little trouble thinking of the AutoCAD terms. Can anyone think of some other similar concepts/features? Thanks.

DanielleAnderson
2004-10-28, 05:13 PM
Try this, it is a little user-interface map I made when we did a little office training here.

JamesVan
2004-10-28, 09:15 PM
Here's a snippet from our Revit Essentials class as well.

christie.landry
2004-10-28, 11:48 PM
Here's something a few of us were playing with. It says 6.1 but it still applies.

I hope this helps too.

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-29, 03:12 PM
You need to teach ADT users what the afterburner is for, because they are accustomed to having to assemble their vehicle every time they want to go somewhere, then using the crank on the front of their vehicle to start it up.