PDA

View Full Version : Resizing Viewports

e.wee1790
2003-08-31, 11:44 PM
I can't get the viewport to resize (or crop) on the drawing sheet for printing. Can anyone help?
Also, I have some difficulty loading the new annotations for the 'level'. The load button has been greyed out, or could I have been creating the level annotation from the wrong family?

beegee
2003-09-01, 01:27 AM
Crop region resize:-
On the sheet view, hover over the particular view, right click, activate view. If the crop region is not visible, vp then check " show crop region "

Level Annotation ( to change to new) :-
Click the level to bring up Element Properties, edit, click in level head to get the drop down menu of loaded level annotation types. ( You previously need to load the new level family you created.)

If you are saying you cannot load a new level family, check that it was created in the annotations family using the level template.
Then, it should just be a matter of loading the level family from the annotations folder in the families directory.

PeterJ
2003-09-01, 08:18 AM
or check the view properties to see that the view is at a scale suitable to the drawing sheet you are working on.

David
2003-09-01, 05:09 PM
I use ref lines copiously for my own reference and to show my colleages in hard copy. I want to compose sheets in design development with a lot of views, maintaining scale and with titles. Since ref lines do not seem to crop, I shorten them one by one... a drag, or wind up with a lot of blank paper. Is there a way to crop ref lines?

PeterJ
2003-09-01, 05:12 PM
You could replace them with model lines which do plot and do get cropped, but these will not show in elevation after a line is shown in plan the way a ref plane will do.

David
2003-09-01, 05:40 PM
thanks for the help, Peter

I think I will create a model line similar, but distinct to use as an illustration tool. and then clean up when I move on to "keeper" view.