PDA

View Full Version : One Duct to Two?

RevitNinja
2009-05-11, 07:33 PM
I find that my mechanical engineers use this type of transition on a regular basis. Is there a good way to do this in RMEP, or am I stuck "faking" it?

mjdanowski
2009-05-11, 08:53 PM
Do you mean the aligned transition?

I believe if you select the two ducts you want to transition, a dialogue comes up with options on how to align it.

ntopliffe
2009-05-11, 09:05 PM
No, he's interested in a part that takes one duct and makes two, not aligning two ducts. (I would also like to see this part).

Similar to a wye, but without any space between the two ducts

RevitNinja
2009-05-12, 12:46 PM
No, he's interested in a part that takes one duct and makes two, not aligning two ducts. (I would also like to see this part).

Similar to a wye, but without any space between the two ducts

Yes, a wye with no space in between. I see this all the time and can't figure out how to get it done without faking it.

mjdanowski
2009-05-12, 01:18 PM
You need to make a custom fitting for that unfortunately, but it is possible (just a pain)...

Attached is something which should get you started in regards to how to accomplish it:

RevitNinja
2009-05-12, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I kinda figured that. Thanks for helping out.

jason.martin
2009-05-12, 04:30 PM
Will the widths of the two "downstream" connectors always be 1/2 of the width of the upstream connector, or might they vary?

Are the heights of all 3 connectors the same or can they vary as well?

jason

RevitNinja
2009-05-12, 05:06 PM
Will the widths of the two "downstream" connectors always be 1/2 of the width of the upstream connector, or might they vary?

jason

The widths of the duct connections need to be adjustable, however, the heights are all the same.

I built this fitting very quickly by modeling it in the duct fitting family template and changing the part type to "multi-port."

RobertB
2009-05-12, 05:06 PM

jasonThey would vary depending on air flow, at least in my old firm.

mjdanowski
2009-05-12, 06:02 PM
Gonna move this to the "Families" forum since I think it is going to become a brainstorm on how to do such things :)

lcchvacr
2009-05-14, 03:15 PM
Gonna move this to the "Families" forum since I think it is going to become a brainstorm on how to do such things :)

Hi SAMeyrow...
Discuss:One Duct to Two?
Already resolved doubt. Ok
lcchvacr

lcchvacr
2009-05-14, 03:22 PM
I find that my mechanical engineers use this type of transition on a regular basis. Is there a good way to do this in RMEP, or am I stuck "faking" it?

Hi SAMeyrow...
lcchvacr

lcchvacr
2009-05-14, 03:33 PM
Hi SAMeyrow...
lcchvacr
I have new solution for your problem.
lcchvacr