PDA

View Full Version : void form coming along for the slanted window doesn't work

reneerapt
2009-05-11, 07:36 PM
I have succeeded to create a window on the face based templete with a void form punching through the solid base form, so that in 3d view the window is visible embedded in the face based form. however, if i upload this family to my project onto the slanted wall, this void form doesn't work to cut the wall around the window and only the window is shown hidden in side the uncut sold wall.

How can i cut the slanted wall in the project using the face based family already using the void form cutting the soild base form?

Thank you.

RevitFairy
2009-07-24, 01:50 PM
you need to use the CUT GEOMETRY TOOL to cut the Void Form out of sold in the family. This works ^_^

mthurnauer
2009-07-24, 07:16 PM
If you did use the cut tool in the family and you are getting an error when you place it in the model, then it may be that the void form you are using will not cut the type of object you are trying to apply it to. For example, If your void form is an extrusion based on the face of the wall in the family and when you get into the project, you are trying to apply this to a curved object, the extrusion may not be able to be generated. However, of the extrusion extends well inside and well beyond the face of wall, then it should work on curved surfaces