PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions have disappeared!

jpcowan
2009-05-12, 08:40 PM
Help! We're working on a project and all of our dimensions have mysteriously disappeared. I've checked all settings that I can think of and I find it hard that a user could accidentally delete them without knowing. Some dimensions do appear - the ones in question are of a particular dimension style.

Anybody have any clues or insight for me to check into?

Thanks in advance!

JP

jeffh
2009-05-12, 08:52 PM
It is possible for a user to have inadvertantly erased all of the dimensions of a particular type. I have seen it happen.

If they used the "select all instances" to select dimensions in a particular view and delete them this could be the problem. When "select all instances" is used it truly SELECTS ALL INSTANCES. In the ENTIRE project. then delete is pressed and *poofff* all dimensions are gone EVERYWHERE.

Undo or backup would be the only options if this is what happened.

jpcowan
2009-05-12, 09:10 PM
Yes, I'm afraid that's what has actually happened but was crossing my fingers that maybe it was a quick setting change. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.
Thanks Jeff.

JP

need4mospd
2009-05-12, 09:42 PM
Don't underestimate the power of a poorly trained or beginner Revit user. I've seen half my grid lines disappear when a person deleted them because they didn't want them in their view.