PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2010 Terminates after a while

mark.98140
2009-05-13, 12:09 AM
If i leave Revit to render overnight I am finding the program stops working. Has anyone been experiencing this issue? Am not sure if it is only when rendering or simply just leaving it on for an extended period... either way I am losing work and unable to render overnight. Any help, ideas?

trombe
2009-05-13, 11:00 AM
If i leave Revit to render overnight I am finding the program stops working. Has anyone been experiencing this issue? Am not sure if it is only when rendering or simply just leaving it on for an extended period... either way I am losing work and unable to render overnight. Any help, ideas?

Ugly, especially since your renders are great !
Since I un-installed the web download, and installed the factory DVD, a couple of days ago, Revit has stopped crashing every 15-20 minutes and now seems to crash after 30 -40 minutes ....5 today based loosely around this time.......it does not seem to last 45 minutes without crashing !
It really is a pathetic joke.

trombe

narlee
2009-05-13, 01:10 PM
Haven't had THAT problem (it did crash once when many docs were open). I'm running a Dell M6400, dual core, 4GB memory, Windows XP.

Geeyou-NZ
2009-06-10, 03:49 AM
We've had a few staff members complain about this too - A few were running two Revit 2010 applications, therefore is it a graphics issue? It only seems to be 'disappearing' when they have left it open without using it!

Any help would be appreciated.

mark.98140
2009-06-10, 06:10 AM
not to be mean or unspirited... but if your not using hardware acceleration you are using a handicapped version of the software.... it's like driving a ferrari on two cylinders because that way it is more reliable!?#@ anyway, am sure you get my jest... Autodesk... fix what is broken pls.

ws
2009-06-10, 01:19 PM
simply leaving it on overnight causes Revit to stop working under Vista 64 I've noticed.

No idea why - I've reported it and they have asked for the usual files - so I'll need to leave a project running overnight again just to create some ;)